Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Other! Games (Indie games & more..) 
Other! Games (Indie games & more..)
Page: 3 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer

yeah, the steering is a tad touchy on keyboard, that's probably why they recommend using the xbox 360 controller
G-kart Racer

Bucky says:
According to the video on the game's website, it was released less than a week ago: 11.11

yes, at the release there was so much traffic on their server (people downloading the game) that they had to make that bittorrent.

yes the steering is a bit sticky but its almost more fun that way because the car sticks to almost any surface at high speeds. did you guys try the hardcore levels yet? it took me so long to beat them, its almost like platform, they were so hard.
Beetle Racer

Man, I haven't tried it at all yet because my workload doesn't really allow for gaming. I'll definitely have time in about a month.

And bah to their 360 controller recommendation. I use a ps3 controller. :cool:
Sports Saloon Racer

Banjee says:
Perhaps the best free racing game out there, just released Nitronic Rush is a mix between Tron, Hot Wheels, Trackmania, Audiosurf, and Insanity. A very fun game for the money--oh wait, it's free! the Gameplay is absolutely insane especially in the Hardcore mode. I don't know how else to describe it, you download the game and tell me...

downloading it now at 2 MBPS. this game looks off the show. only minutes till i play it to... thanks for the recommend!
Last edited by Typhoon,
G-kart Racer

Nitronic rush was fun :d Beat normal hardcore levels.. but the last hardcore ones were hard, made me really frustrated at times :o
· · · – – – · · ·

yeah at time i felt like the hardcore levels were platform. when you get really good at them though it is so awsome to bust out the entire thing and everyone watching is just like- woah...
Beetle Racer

Nitronic rush won me over pretty fast. Ive pretty much completed everything. I even had ago at the editor which is not so easy to use....

I really hope this game takes off... Its a great concept. When the editor becomes more user friendly, i think some TM fans may be won over by it.

The games 5/5

Typhoon.
Last edited by Typhoon,
G-kart Racer

I think the controls were a bit too complex too, I pressed wrong buttons all the time and had to have my fingers awkwardly etc... Advanced controls help but is far from perfect
· · · – – – · · ·

Were you playing on keyboard? I would imagine that it's a bit more natural with a pad ...
Sports Saloon Racer

Bucky says:
Were you playing on keyboard? I would imagine that it's a bit more natural with a pad ...

played with xbox 360 pad :p
· · · – – – · · ·
Page: 3 of 7 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem