Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Home made music 
Home made music
Page: 1 of 12
Post Reply  0 Observer
Home made music  
Some people, including me, like making their own songs via PC or with a good microphone so I think we need our own topic. SO POST YOUR OWN MUSIC DUDES!

---

Personally I make my stuff very quickly without any mastering so they have a crap quality and they feel very amateurish but I don't care because I personally enjoy making them and playing with the program. Program? Yeah I use Magix Music Maker 14 to make these songs. I also have soundclips & effects from Music Maker's versions 11, 12 and 15 trial versions ^^ I can't sing or invent words or have a good mic and I want you to try enjoy, so no words at all!

Here all my songs that aren't 100% crap, just 99% or less +o(

Falling Autumn | rockpop | ~4:10
My newest song. Basic rockpop stuff with quitars, drums & some synth. The sam I published as beta version on Music Lovers -thread. Quality is ok this time.

Basic S**t | techno/disco | ~ 3:30
Replace ** with "hi" for real name. This one really fits to its name, it's very basic techno song with simple melody and nothing special. Pretty fun I think, makes you smile I hope.

Monkey Island Theme Remix (Radio Edit) | techno/trance | ~4:40
A remix song! Melody is from a legendary game Monkey Island. The song is inspired by Banana Inc who has its own version of that song too. My one is very similar to it, not so professional though.

North | techno/trance | ~3:40
One of my best songs, This is inspired by Darude's famous Sandstrom and actually I think it isn't hard to find out. Too bad the quality isn't that nice.

The Eternal Way | march | 5:00
Yes it's a march song! I tried some classic music clips I found and with some synths I managed to make pretty nice march song with chorus.

Technical Art | techno/trance | ~4:20
This one has good and bad sides. The melody and main idea is nice but the quality isn't good. Too much reso and so on. Still worth of one try I think ^^

Last edited by wormi,
Beetle Racer

I've listened to Falling Autumn so far, and it's actually not that bad, considering that it still doesn't sound like authentic instruments which initially turns me off from the song usually.

I think as far as instruments go only the bass and the lead guitar part right at the start are the only weak points, the rest, especially the keyboards in the background, make for a nice atmosphere and sound nice to my ears. :)

Still, this song would definitely benefit from vocals in my opinion, if not from some stronger and more varied bass guitar or more lead guitar, whether prominently or in the background. I say this because the main guitar chords and same drum beat do get a bit repetitive after a while.

My favorite parts are the quiet part with the keyboards and acoustic guitar, and the part at the end with the new drum patterns.

I'll be sure to listen to the other songs at some point; me being someone who wants to start making music myself (can't find a good free program at the moment +o() it's interesting to see you can still make some good music only by yourself with one program. :d
G-kart Racer

hey, cool idea for a thread :)
I listened to your Falling Autumn, have to agree with NinjAstar, usually i don't really like when programs imitate real instruments (except for piano, or orchestral elements). Well, the drums sound awesome, especially in the beginning and in the chorus. The part beginning at 2:20 is great! Very atmospheric. Also the toms at 3:30 are awesome!

Also listenend "North", unfortunately it's not my kind of music, but the melody is very nice imo. It's always hard to create a nice sounding melody >.< The instruments you chose fit well together, just the beat sounds a bit monochromatic maybe :)

I also create music, but with FL Studio. But I'm still a beginner and have to learn very much ^^ Something which annoys me a bit (of myself) is, that i almost NEVER finish a song :s That's why I can't really show complete songs here, but will just show some unfinished stuff :p

Something house-sounding
Since I love house music, i mostly try to create this kind of music, you can skip to 1:20 though, the intro isn't very nice =p This isn't the latest version of it, but the only one which is uploaded, may update later ;) (updated now)

Something with Piano
I also love to compose piano melodies, this is my latest one. You may turn up your speekers, since it is very quiet ^^ and... of course, not finished :p
Last edited by bimse,
Learner Driver

The house one was quite nice, nice overall feeling and good quality. Fits very nice as trackmania background music imo ^^ The piano one is also great, good melody there. Magix sucks as it doesn't have any real piano, just a simple one and it doesn't work in rhythm with other synths, each sound always coming too late... I wish I could use FL studio but I never understood how it works, when I changed the notes in one "box" all other boxes changed too s:
Beetle Racer

Since I never get tired of posting stuff from my current band Die Schlafzimmer iher Visionen, maybe this is a good place to post some stuff of the other bands I've played in. It's all done in the late 90s, so don't expect crystal clear sound. It was all recorded on tape:

My Compassion
This is what we used to call Emocore; somehow has nothing(?) to do with what you consider as Emo nowadays.

My Hardcoreband, where we always tried to push the boundaries of HC:
Responsible Youth - Second Demo
Responsible Youth - This one time I felt good
On our third record (This one time...) you can clearly hear the shift away from Hardcore.
Drums and bass where recorded in a church to get the sound of a wide room:

Maybe someone likes it...
:d

PS: The first song (track 2) of RY - Second Demo has some digital sound errors. If someone knows how to get rid of it I would be happy about some clue (it's the only CD I have left).
Last edited by Hans Holo,
Beetle Racer

I have a few songs I'm willing to share, however instead of uploading them to some random file sharing service I'll allow you to access my FTP server at IPv4 address 75.136.114.99:21. I already have an anonymous user account with unlimited connections registered, so go ahead and log in using any FTP client. You will have read-only access to my FTP server root. Navigate to the Music folder and everything should be there.

Most of the stuff I make are midi remixes, so you may actually recognize some of the songs.

I use Anvil Studio to write the sequences and then convert them to MP3 with Foobar music player

Edit: For those of you who do not have an FTP client, just click =link broken=.
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

I am not a music-maker, but a lover.
I think, this is a real cool topic !
Thx !
G-kart Racer

@coffin: nice to see you here, hope you find something you like
@windown 3.1: your link isn't working
-------------------------------------------------------
It feels a bit odd to have only these very old songs posted.
Two new songs I've posted before in other threads:
download Dopaminjunkie
listen to Erste Liebe
:d

Beetle Racer

HansHolo says:

@windown 3.1: your link isn't working

Is it giving you an error or just refusing to connect?

Edit: Try it now. My firewall wasn't set up properly.
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

@windows: link works.
Pretty hard to say something about the music when you don't know the original. It is all a bit fast for my taste, a bit slower would give the tunes a chance to unfold.
;)
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 12 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem