Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Home made music 
Home made music
Page: 5 of 12
Post Reply  0 Observer

Ahh, yeah, that's true. They have developed this RSE (Real Sound Engine) thingy that allows you to choose the amp for your guitar and also change effects and add distortion pedals and stuff. It sounds really nice and it kinda is, until you want a good metal sound. :p
Back in action!

Copypaste ftw 8-|

Yeah progressive isn't my thing at all. But I like computer-made metal in general, especially Fran Klepacki. You may know him from C&C Red Alert musician ^^
Beetle Racer

I just released a new demo, Att Bränna Ner Solen. It's a bit sloppy, and the mix isn't the best, but that's why they call them demos :cool:
The other song, Att Dränka Havet, is from March, nothing new but perhaps to you! =p

Available for listening and free downloading in various places, take your pick (if any):
Bandcamp (prefered),
Soundcloud, or
either of their apps over on Facebook.
Last edited by Anaerob,
Old Age Caravanner

Digging the new track. It's still not a genre of music I listen to a lot, but I felt challenged by your track, which is exactly what I like. The only thing missing for me was a melody. You know, something to hum along to. The second track had that arpeggiated guitar part after the intro that I liked. The new song doesn't really have anything like that. Otherwise, great work! You guys have real talent to stay locked in on all those complex rhythms.
Sports Saloon Racer

I would like to hear Att Bränna Ner Solen played by a real drummer. :p :p :p
Beetle Racer

Haha, thanks guys for the comments/advice!

While we were a live band up until late November, both these demos were written, recorded and mixed by myself alone. From here on it's pretty much my solo-project. :cool:

There's some ebow here and there for atmosphere/stability, but I guess there aren't any real "melodies". I'll keep that in mind when writing new stuff, thanks.

We played Solen live on our last show, our drummer handled it fine! A few mistakes, and we messed up the part that starts @ 0:42, otherwise he nailed it. As for recordings, sorry but real drums isn't doable as of now. :p
Old Age Caravanner

What guitar/pickups do you use Anaerob? And what amp? The first song is really good, but you might want to try to add a bit gain to your sound. Otherwise it's really hard to hear the low notes on the background. I suspect you're using a low-tuned 6-string? It's really hard to tell though.

On Att Dränka Havet, I suggest you try to palm mute the notes in the intro even more (in other words, try to achieve the djenty sound), it sounds a bit awkward right now (as the PM makes the note sound a bit higher than it actually is, and as the sound isn't really djent yet).

I guess you know what djent means, I can hear some Periphery in your songs, and you really have to check Mindfold Express out if you haven't already. And Helix Nebula. And Sithu Aye.
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

On Havet, I used a Jackson Dinky with standard Duncan Design pups, dropped to A. A small practice amp and a crappy mic. Solen, 7 string Ibanez RG with Dimarzio LF/CL, drop G#. Behringer modelling amp, headphone jack -> PC (no cab/mic). If I could afford better I would've 8-|

In my opinion, the gain levels on Solen are almost too high :$ low, dense chords are kind of muddy. On Havet, yeah that might be the case, but on the other hand there's no compressor here. Lots of compressor on Solens guitars.

I didn't aim for those PMs to be all that djenty , as they're one or two string chugs only. I'll keep that in mind though and PM a bit harder in the future.
And yeah, I'm high on djent, although I haven't heard any of those last three, will definitely check them out. Main inspiration for this entire project is Cloudkicker, if you're not familliar with him, well.. You should be :p Thanks for the comments!
Old Age Caravanner

Btw, did I mention that all music in
my videos:
VIDEO1
VIDEO2
as well on my tracks:
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/5120
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/11134
is home made music?
:d
Beetle Racer

@Anaerob: If you're unhappy with your pickups, I can highly recommend DiMarzio's D Activators (for the 7). Works really well with low tunings. I'm using them myself and they are awesome.

And yes, Cloudkicker is awesome. I love his sound especially, it's really fresh and powerful. While you're at it, check Chimp Spanner out as well.
Back in action!
Page: 5 of 12 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem