Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Nicknames.. 
Nicknames..
Page: 5 of 7
Post Reply  0 Observer

Here is my story, long one, nothing as cool was some of yours tho :)

Chatper 1: Somewhere during my childhood I started playing worms, very seldom, but still. Me & my best friend had quite a wild imagination and we once thought what if Worms's worms were real. In a year it was sure that their world would have also superheroes like "Cyberworm" etc; of course, they have also supersheeps! Worms and some other creatures from our deep mind were our insane joke for a while.

Chapter 2: When I was 14, I decided to make a Youtube account. I thought the nick long but didn't invent anything. Suddenly "cyberworm" came up into my mind. I chose it but oh noes, it was taken! So I translated the word straight to Finnish: kybermato. I did some videos that are nowadays called Youtube poops and become quite liked there. However, the popularity was annoying due to spam and friend requests and I started to get more into TrackMania that I had found a bit after my YT registration.

Chapter 3: There I used nick kybermato for a while but soon after setting up my first clan [FBR] with friends from FinBits -server I changed my nick to Worm as I wanted to avoid "oh it's kybermato I've seen your videos xDDD" comments. (Thanks Youtube for having removed my old account and nobody remembers me anymore! I was too lazy to do it by myself and it was there without my visiting for a year!) Later I changed it to Cyrillic letters as I thought that looks better. After having played TM for one year I added "í" behind it as it looked even cooler. A year later I changed my nick to basic letters with little w, wormí. In TrackMania I have always had white "worm" but the color of "í" has changed with my clantag (in my old clan Don that was a new edit of [FBR] we had a freedom tho select our own colors <3). Now in DFF in which I've been almost an year my tag has to be green and I've kept the "í" white.

Bonus chapter: I've used also nick "ileee" and "1leee" in some other games and "WormFinland" in some too. Ile is my IRL nickname due to my real name Ilkka and WormFinland is just for a lack of better name.
Beetle Racer

Fascinating (l)
Site Leader

Interesting thread, I'll refresh it I guess:
So, basically, my name is Radek (full Radosław). Back when I got my first PC I was playing a lot of small games where you could just put 3 characters as your profile name. Sometimes I didn't know about it so I was trying to put "radek", but just "rad" was shown and I couldn't put the other two letters. And then I've just started using "rad" without "-ek". Also it was the time I was in middle school and I've been learning chemistry and german (other subjects too ofc, but these two are important in this case). So I was decent at chemistry. There's a chemical element called "radium", in polish it's called "rad". "Rad fahren" in german means "to ride a bike". And I was and still am riding a bike a lot and enjoy it.
radPL - this one I've used for the first time in tmn eswc before nadeo added polish nation to the game. I've registered to czech nation and a lot of people were talking to me in czech. Even though our languages are pretty similar I couldn't understand much so I added PL with hope that some people will understand that PL means PoLand. Then when I was creating the tmu account, I found that "rad" login is already in use. I've added PL then and I'm radpl there now. For TM2, I did "radpl" again, can't remember why. In some games / on some forums when registering 3 letters for login is too short, therefore I do radpl one even though it's sometimes quite dumb. If there's a need for numbers or 5 signs is too short then I add number "35", stolen from friend, doesn't mean anything to me.
Last edited by rad,
Old Age Caravanner

When I discovered TMN back in the days, I thought that my standard alias "Elch" (Moose) didn't fit a racing game + it was already in use. Instead, I felt I should use something odd. I always liked to play on words and started thinking about something like Jim Panse and such, but it didn't connect well with the racing theme. Luckily, there are loads of such names in German and the most obvious was "Volker Racho". Could be a real name and sounds like "voll karacho" meaning "Full Tilt". A quick shuffling of the words from VolkerRacho, to RachoVolker and my name was set.

Nothing to do with Ranch/Rancho @ all the Americans ;)
Last edited by Racho,
Moped Racer

Mine: Last name.
Lagoon yay!

Maybe I should add some more.
Called my self Arefosho at first, Are being my name and fosho meaning ofc. Then after maybe 3-5 months I changed it to Elvestad.
Last edited by Elvestad,
Lagoon yay!

It's a misspelling of .com. Don't ask me why it's my username. I don't know.
Moped Racer

This is Mandark
Last edited by FT»Mandark,
Beetle Racer

Beetle Racer

Well, my nickname is my name + an old love of mine:
Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP
MX Supporter
Page: 5 of 7 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem