Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Connect PC to TV 
Connect PC to TV
Page: 3 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

Wow SkunkY! Those pics you pasted are SVideo. That takes me back to the 90s. :cool: It was the highest quality video cable you could use with a VHS player.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Ehr... why didn't anyone ask the most important question in resolving problems, what brand/type tv is it and how long is your connector cable?
loves Foolspeed

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

The TV I own is a Philips 32PFL6606. The cable length is 1,5m, though the distance between my TV and PC is roughly 50cm.

And I'll look into the DVI port/cable. But won't this duplicate my desktop onto my TV in a much lower quality than with an HDMI cable ? Or does a DVI-HDMI cable solve this ?
Last edited by Rewiind,
Quad Bike Racer

VGA might lower quality a bit, but you shouldn't really see a difference between HDMI and DVI; they're both digital. Still, VGA is very usable, and I have used it at full 1080p resolution.
Sports Saloon Racer

The Dvi/HDMI cable supported my max resolution which was 1680x1050 with a pretty good quality for movies. I Have a samsung47" and the graphic was very nice for me. So I do suggest this if you keep haveing trouble. If you 're watching Hd movies the quality shouldn't reduce to much.
Last edited by Naichiku,
Quad Bike Racer

Rewiind says:
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

We need the exact model and brand, current info is the same as "next generation videocard by ATI" which still doesn't help in finding the solution.

(for instance the possibility of brand or model specific issues regarding multi monitor mode)

Have you tried connecting it to the standard VGA port on your tv? (or on the 3rd HDMI port on the side of your TV)

And have you also connected the additional powersuppy cable to your gfx card (in your pc, nothing to do with the tv)?
Last edited by BLiNNeMaNS,
loves Foolspeed

First let me summarize the thread. You are trying to connect your computer to your TV via an HDMI port, with no luck with HDMI to HDMI. Your graphics card is likely an ATI Raedon HD 5770.

Alright - You are in luck, since I have done this a few times before. First off, go into your TV's menu. If there is an option to disable/enable ports, check those and enable any disabled ports you are trying to use (or just enable all of them for testing purposes).

When I connected my Gateway FX 6840-03e to a TV, the system automatically detected the the TV as a monitor. I confess that I didn't have a regular monitor hooked up, but it worked.

Anyway, if your computer doesn't auto-detect the monitor, go into Control Panel -> Display -> Screen Resolution and click Detect. It should pop up on the window. If not, then you may need a new cable. If a second cable doesn't work, try another port.

If all else fails, your TV is probably messed up.
Rise from the ashes!

Phoenyx Imperius says:

If all else fails, your TV is probably messed up.

This or perhaps the gfx-card. ^^
Have you tried adding another monitor as second device?

I still assume it's the cable.
Not sure about this, but I've read somewhere that some connections just work one-way.
For example dvi (PC) to hdmi (TV) didn't work while it did the other way.
..wasn't me
Page: 3 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem