Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Connect PC to TV 
Connect PC to TV
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

Certainly you want the hd signal, but have you tried if it works with another cable anyway?
..wasn't me

do you really think his PC has such a socket?
Zimmer Racer

Have you changed to the correct "input" on your TV? Dumb question I know but this is usually the problem in such a scenario :p

Just thought of this, perhaps you have some inputs disabled on your new TV by default- I've run into this problem in the past ;)
Last edited by s8ndm8n,
Space Cowboy

eyebo says:
Try a different HDMI cable?

I only have one HDMI cable. I'll borrow one from a friend soon to try if that works. :)

metoxys says:
Try a different control center?

Eh, where could I find that ?

SkunkY says:
Certainly you want the hd signal, but have you tried if it works with another cable anyway?

As Space implied, I couldn't find such a port on my PC :( Come to think of it, nor would I have such a cable lying around, haha.

Sandal says:
Have you changed to the correct "input" on your TV?

Yep. Tried both HDMI inputs, neither of them worked. Tried all the other ones as well (VGA, Y Pb Pr etc.). With no luck, obviously.

Sandal says:
Just thought of this, perhaps you have some inputs disabled on your new TV by default- I've run into this problem in the past ;)

Could you explain that further ?

btw, I really appreciate you guys' help! :)
Last edited by Rewiind,
Quad Bike Racer

Space says:

Else I wouldn't suggest it.
It is usually on the grafix card. All my grafic cards have it. TV's usually have it, too. ;)

Maybe this pic is better.
Last edited by SkunkY,
..wasn't me

On some TV's you are able to enable/disable inputs so you don't have to scroll through them all when they aren't needed. TV's are getting complex so perhaps you are overlooking something. I had a similar problem when I hooked mine up to my computer and I just looked for different ways to achieve the same results ;)

As eyebo pointed out it's always a good idea to check the cable first.
Space Cowboy

SkunkY says:
Space says:

Else I wouldn't suggest it.
It is usually on the grafix card. All my grafic cards have it. TV's usually have it, too. ;)

MY 9800 GTX+ has only 2 DVI ports. I don't think that 'usually' is a safe assumption. However, most cards can come with a host of video adapters, which may come in handy.
Sports Saloon Racer

I didn't mean that all grafic cards have them, just that on a PC it's the grafic card where you have to look for it. :p Since I don't know anything about Rewiind's hardware other than he's owning a ATI/AMD card, it was just a suggestion what else he could try. For the last 8 years or so I was using ATI cards and all of them had this port. Though my newest gfx-card is about 2 or 3 years old.
On 'todays' grafic cards this connection doesn't seem to be common anymore.
However, my point was simply to try another cable/connection. Some TV's also have a dvi port, could also be worth a try to get a picture if hdmi doesn't seem to work.

It would probably help to know which gfx-card and which TV Rewiind owns.
..wasn't me

On my old pc i didn't have any hdmi port and because of that I used and DVI/HDMI adapter. If your'e still have trouble after trying the one from your mate I suggest you buy one of these. Only bad thing about this it doesn't give any sound from the TV. You need to use your pc speakers to get sound.

Last edited by Naichiku,
Quad Bike Racer

That's what I use currently to connect by desktop to my TV.

My laptop has a DVI port, and it came with a DVI to VGA adapter, which the 15 pin cable, often having blue ends. I then use a VGA cable to connect that to the 'PC' input on my television. I find that most TVs that have 'PC' inputs, usually have them in VGA format.
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem