Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Connect PC to TV 
Connect PC to TV
Page: 1 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer
Connect PC to TV  
Before you start flaming me, I know about this site called Google. However, I didn't find anything that helped me out.

I recently bought a new HDTV and would like to use it as a secondary monitor. I just can't seem to do it by following the information the sites I found provided me with. Both my TV and my PC have an HDMI port and I own an HDMI cable.

Now, I'd be very grateful if anyone could guide me through this process.

(I run Windows 7 64bit if that is of any help.)

:)
Quad Bike Racer

it's pretty easy actually.
1) connect your PC and TV with the cable (doesn't matter which end is where)
2) choose HDMI in your TV settings (separate button, or something like "source" in settings)
3) press Win+P and select the option you want by pressing P multiple times
I hope I could help ;)
Zimmer Racer

Doesn't work :(

I have 2 HDMI ports in my TV, tried both of them but neither worked. I get the 'No signal' message at both ports.. Any more ideas ?
Quad Bike Racer

do you have nvidia videocard? if yes, try rightclicking on your desktop and searching for an option like secondary monitor or so...
Zimmer Racer

Yup. right-click-> screen resolution. Click 'detect' to ... well ... take a guess :p
Sports Saloon Racer

Did that, but it doesn't detect any other screens. When I click detect, the display shows a box with 'No other monitor'.

Something else I can try ? :(
Quad Bike Racer

after rightclick there should be option like nvidia control panel, search there ;)
Zimmer Racer

Catalyst Control Center* :p No Nvidia here.

Well, it does give me the option to identify all displays connected to the computer, but still the only one to show up is my main PC monitor. I'm clueless atm...
Quad Bike Racer

Try a different HDMI cable?

Your PC should detect the TV even if the TV is powered off.
Site Leader

Try a different control center?
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem