Location: Home  Community Forums  Your Maps  compositional's tracks (Now with Valley shorts!) 
compositional's tracks (Now with Valley shorts!)
Page: 2 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer

This is a new little brew I've been working on that I'm happy with now ;) It's now one of my favorite tracks to drive - just a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy!

Track Breakdown:
Just under 45s
Fullspeed tech
Tip: keep the momentum up! ;)

I'm also planning on selecting 2-3 featured tracks to tag onto the end of this comments section - I have an extensive list of tracks I need to test and submit replays for! They're coming though ;)
Old Age Caravanner

This track was initially going to be longer but it felt about right to cap it off at under a minute. I suppose I'd classify this as Fullspeed-tech. The route is well defined and pretty straightforward. There are a couple transitions to look out for but they're quick to learn. There are a number of changes in terrain to keep you on your toes, and ofc some cheesey gap jumps at the start.. not my thing really but they worked here, and hey, they make the rest of the track seem better.. riiiight? might as well jump a gap or two while you build speed/rhythm for the reeal stuff (utt ohh giimmikss).

It's quite an easy track, but I feel like it's a fun one to drive The finish is very tight while FS but it's more than doable. Challenging but attainable author time 8)

The track features custom music by me - just a scrappy sample of some crap I was experimenting with one day >)

Length: approx 55 seconds
Style: Fullspeed-tech
Author Time: 54.92s
Old Age Caravanner

Utt ohs! Multi lap!

This is a quick little multi lapper - 2 laps ;p This track is highly technical!

WARNING: emphasis on throttle control and braking!

It feels a lot like a karting track only full sized. Let me try to break this down:

2 major braking choke points
A few minor forced drifts (mid air turning)
One major throttle control choke point but you can get going fast enough that you might have to dial back if you don't drive so well
1m 17.74s author time is well within reach
Like I said I hope you like a technical drive
Old Age Caravanner

Justicar by   comp

Much like most of my tracks I'd consider this fullspeed-tech. The track features stretches of all type of terrain, with some especially fast paced dirt at it's heart >) with a reasonable but challenging author time. Here is a little breakdown..

Style: Fullspeed-tech
Length: approx 42 seconds
Author Time: 40.15s
Difficulty: Beginner/intermediate

This track should be a good hunter! It's pretty easy really, but learning the fastest ways to transition between terrain and fight for traction will go a long way. There's an omgFast dirt stretch that's quite intense (probably my favorite section to drive) and fun lil finish >) I hope you enjoy!(y):p
Old Age Caravanner

First of all, this track is almost completely platform. There aren't really the constant terrain changes I usually like to do. Instead, the track a quite transitional. It's a 40s fullspeed-tech track with a reasonable but challenging author time and is an absolute blast for me to drive XD Some details:

I haven't really been building anything as over-the-top in Valley as I had in Canyon. This track really looks back to those days and might feel a bit reminiscent of Canyon. It's an exciting drive with extreme over-the-top gaps and exhilarating transfers. There's a slight learning curve but you'll have the hang of it in no time :d
Last edited by comp,
Old Age Caravanner

Churpin Derpin #3

Well I haven't typically made tracks designed for online play but I thought I might like to do a small series of short and easy to finish tracks that would hopefully be fun for all different levels of drivers. Hope you enjoy the drives :)

Churpin Derpin #3 - Canyon
Approx 30s
Full speed ahead into a HUGE drift
exciting/fun!
That pretty much says it all ^^

Maps in this series:
Churpin Derpin #1(soon)
Churpin Derpin #2 (soon)
Churpin Derpin #3
Last edited by comp,
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 2 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem