Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  An official comeback in TMU? 
An official comeback in TMU?
Page: 1 of 4
Post Reply  0 Observer
An official comeback in TMU?  
Here we go.

As all of you normally noticed, TM is gettin' more and more inactive. Yeah, there are projects, and maps uploaded in MX, but 100 times less than TMUX.

9/10 of ancient known mappers of TMU left TM, forever, because of TM², and also the fact that TMUX is inactive aswell. So do I, because I lost the spirit of TM which made me have fun. TM² is way better than TMUF in some points, but it's less addictive, fun. :(

That's why I open this thread. I would like to know if it's possible to organize an official come back in TMUX. I mean, that everyone who want start again making maps, playing in PPO, organizing projects, discuissing in the forums, playing/awarding other's map. Then, a lot of people would come back, and so would the activity! :d
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer

Your idea is sound, and the more people that pick up TM1 again means it will be more fun again. Sadly, I don't think you'll ever see the numbers of active people there that you once did. But it could improve a lot if people knew there would be people to play with once again.

A lot of old timers returned over the past two years, partly because they wanted to engage again with the TMX community before the new game came out. Also a lot of new players got United or came over from TMNF in order to get a little more diversity. So we saw things get more active than ever before. Some, like Ganjarider, liked Canyon and so they're still here. Others perhaps didn't like Canyon as much. Others might be lurking and waiting for Valley before they get more active again. Almost all of my LT clanmates aren't playing Canyon. A few have made the switch, but many just don't think it's for them.

There are a lot of people who do play Canyon, but also a lot of people who didn't make the transition. Maybe they should play TM1 until Valley comes out. :d

These waves of activity and shifts in where players are playing are quite normal in TM and have probably come with every release. It's just a period of adjustment.

That having been said, there's still plenty of fun to be had in TM1.

But I would keep in mind that you don't need to stop playing Canyon in order to enjoy some good times again in TM1. I play both, and it's like having 8 environments instead of 7. It just adds to the diversity and fun.

Of course, if you don't like Canyon at all, you don't have to play it. :p It's your choice.

Hope to see you in TM1! (y)
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Hehe :d Well, I like Canyon itself (good blocks, great graphism), but I don't have fun playing and mapping in it. ^^

Yeah, I think I'll come back in TM1. But, there is currently no ancient mappers who still make maps, because they know their maps won't get attention at all. That's why I would like to make something "official". :)

Moped Racer

As I said on FT forums, we could make a community track. ofc in TMU.
Beetle Racer

From an official standpoint: why would Nadeo want to encourage people to go back to playing an older game? That doesn't make sense to me.

If you're talking about us doing some kind of 'official' TMF comeback, I wouldn't get your hopes up. How good of a ManiaPlanet community site would this be if we were telling users that it's a good idea to go back to playing TMF?

If your favorite 'ancient' mappers have moved on, I suggest finding new authors to fill the void. Granted, they won't be exactly the same, but I guarantee that if you look, you'll find a new author whose tracks you like. That would not be a bad thing. ;)
Sports Saloon Racer

I wrote this before Bucky and Mandark replied.

I don't know what you mean by official. If you mean "supported by TMX"... well... we support anyone who plays United. The site is still up, isn't it?

I've been thinking of making a special day/night for people to get on PlayPal Online. Maybe if there was a designated time, it'd be easier for everyone to meetup and things could "get started again".

Beyond that, I don't know how you can make it an official comeback.

People will play it if they want to, and won't if they don't. There's nothing official or unofficial about it.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

When I mean official, it's only up to us, nothing to do with Nadeo ^^

edit: yeah, something like organizing an hour where everybody who can and want come in PPO, to try to make TMUX a bit more active ^^
Last edited by FT»Joyeux,
Moped Racer

People do what they want, currently messing around at TM2. Nothing can and should stop them, and someday players will flow back if they also feel so.

You can't organize an "official comeback" because we currently act like we'd like to act.
Segmentation fault

But I still don't understand what you mean.

Do you want people to commit to playing it again or something?

FT»Joyeux says:
edit: yeah, something like organizing an hour where everybody who can and want come in PPO, to try to make TMUX a bit more active ^^

Ahhh, yeah. I like that. :)
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

FT»Joyeux says:

Or a random TMUF KO, with the current mappacks. But I've suggested that already :p.
Segmentation fault
Page: 1 of 4 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem