Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Movie lovers? Where are you? 
Movie lovers? Where are you?
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

Sticky says:

I haven't watched Game of Thrones though. What's it about? Any good?

It focuses strongly on the story, very entertaining.
Firefly is not new (2002) but I highly recommend it, classic comedy/action/sci-fi.
The Sopranos and The Wire are pretty good too.
Misfits, if you want something refreshing (y)
Old Age Caravanner

I've watched Game of Thrones and I have to admit, that it wasn't that good than I'd expected. It's a good and entertaining TV-Series, but I've expected a new HBO masterpiece (something like the Sopranos for the Fantasy genre).
I also liked Firefly very much, but I guess it's only interesting for Sci-Fi-Fans.
Maybe I said it before, but if you like good series like the Sopranos, my recommendation is Deadwood.
Usually I'm no big fan of western, but this works quite different. And one of the lead characters (Ian McShane) is even better (from swearing to going nuts) than Tony Soprano. He is playing the Saloon/Night Club owner.
8-|
The first half of Twin Peaks is also something you shouldn't miss. A milestone in TV; paved the way for things like Sopranos...
:p
Beetle Racer

My favourite series would have to be easily South Park and Family Guy. I always watch them nearly everyday by downloading series after series and doing marathons if im not playing ice hockey or out with mates, best time waster :d

I'm also very into War and comedy movies. Movies such as Saving Private Ryan, Band Of Brothers (10 Part Series) to all time classics All Quiet On The Western Front or A Bridge Too Far. Then comedy movies such as Euro Trip, Many of the American pies, Superbad etc. are just a little handful of my favorites as there are too many to write down 8-|
Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
Moped Racer

I loved Band of Brothers! (and saving private ryan)
I haven't watched the new Band of Brothers, Pacific if I'm not mistaken.
Anybody know if it's any good?

If you like war films you might like Stalag 17
It's an old movie but I liked it.
Last edited by Sticky,
Feels gooood!

Sticky says:
I haven't watched the new Band of Brothers, Pacific if I'm not mistaken.
Anybody know if it's any good?

don't even try... such a big disappointment.
    md
Quad Bike Racer

That bad huh...

I'm going to the movies tomorrow. Don't know what I'm going to see but I hope it's going to be good. I'll let you guys know how its been.
Feels gooood!

The Pacific is p much missing all the things that made Band of Brothers great

taking real people and only using distinct periods in the history of the war to be able to go anywhere with them, and then actually fleshing them out as likable and alive characters.

definitely great series. I don't even care about any of the action in the series. People should hail this series for its writing not its stupidly big budget. You have enough money and you can make something impressive, but that doesn't mean it's ever good.
Moped Racer

Eh, The Pacific was ok but It was nothing like BoB. Like irondragons said, It was missing the small things of what made BoB so amazing. A big thing I felt with The Pacific was that I didn't feel as attached to the characters and the story line wasn't as good as in BoB.

If there was a simular series to Band Of Brothers but themed in World War One, I think I'd be in love.
Moped Racer

fdgdfg

the issue isn't where it was set

it was the writing
Last edited by irondragons,
Moped Racer

Yeah thats what i meant by the characters and story line in my previous post.. But yes i agree the writing was very poor compared to BoB
Moped Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem