Location: Home  Community Forums  Closed  [Suggestion] Add organizers to MX 
[Suggestion] Add organizers to MX
Page: 3 of 3
Post Reply  1 Observer

Great ideas by edk and eyebo to keep track, but the competitive track lists were bound to fail, just like most other volunteer based projects based on manual updating. The lack of an automated system for competition in maniaplanet is so severe, it's cringeworthy. That's why I really hope Mania-Exchange can start back it up a bit more with features like these.

A guy on facebook proposed a system for map-packs.

Ville Suihko says:
One way to do this could be to bring back the map packs that we had in TMSX or something, but with a twist. Users upload the cup/tournament/etc maps normally, then the organiser selects all the maps to a pack. The map info would state: "Included in packs: 'ESL Competition #15' by ESL", and there would be a download link too.

Might be more useful than the "organizer" label as individuals could make packs of their maps too, and people could potentially download, say, all of GanjaRiders FS maps with one click. Not sure how hard it would be to code..

Building further on this, I think one solution could be to have a separate control panel to organize seasons, including map-packs in those seasons.

Example given:

Electronic Sports League
      └ CPS11
            └ Map-pack 1 [Download link]
                  └ Map1 [Link to map]
                  └ Map2
                  └ Map3
            └ Map-pack 2
                  └ Map1
                  └ Map2
                  └ Map3
            └ ....
      └ CPS12
            └ Map-pack 1
                  └ Map1
                  └ Map2
                  └ Map3
            └ Map-pack 2
                  └ Map1
                  └ Map2
                  └ Map3
            └ ....

Learner Driver

Map packs are way more likely to come (by themselves) since they're a lot more generic compared to a whole organisation system. I don't really see a lot of use behind listing organisations in a special way (while map packs do certainly have their uses, like pack downloads).
Segmentation fault

znik says:

A guy on facebook proposed a system for map-packs.

That was me, already forwarded the ideas to the team ;)

Restricting it to organisations wouldn't be that profitable indeed, as I honestly don't think there are that many of them. A feature just for them wouldn't be the smartest solution. However mappacks would also benefit everyone else who creates series of tracks, and if a user falls in love with a series, he could download them all quickly and painlessly if there was a "Download pack"-option.

Something that could be considered in the future is an "Upcoming Competitions"-tab, which would contain money- or gear-prized competitions, their basic info (starting dates, qualifiers etc) and a link to the mappack. But I don't think it's relevant quite yet.
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

Mappacks feature covers this.
Site Leader
Page: 3 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem