Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Fileden CLOSED DOWN 
Fileden CLOSED DOWN
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Fileden CLOSED DOWN  
Hello guys

I know alot of you's do not use fileden now...But i have been using it for many years, way back to the first time i started with TMU !
well for the last couple of weeks i could NOT sign in....then just a few mins ago i got this email
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Valued FileDen Customer,

You may be aware of CX.com’s purchase of FileDen a little over 2 years ago. The initial intent after our purchase was to immediately migrate the FileDen system into the CX.com system to maximize your personal cloud experience. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen restrictions CX.com was bound to wait 24 months before making substantial changes. Although there were restrictions for this time period, the goal has always been to continue to migrate systems after the restrictive obligation was met. We have been anxious to give FileDen users the highest quality cloud service possible.

Before CX.com could make the change, the FIleDen third party hosting provider failed in their responsibility to maintain and backup servers over the last several months causing several outages and hard drive failures. The most recent hard drive failure was unrecoverable and resulted in file loss for some users. Further, customer service regarding FileDen user’s questions and concerns has been very poor. This level of service is completely unacceptable to CX.com and goes against our company’s mission of offering a customer focused, quality cloud product.

Due to recent events with FileDen, we are cutting all ties with the third party provider and asking FileDen users to move to CX.com immediately. Please log in to your FileDen account to get further instructions.

In addition to an increased 10GB of free storage, I am confident you will see a difference in quality, response time and improved customer service with your new CX.com account. CX.com is proud to have a zero percent file loss rate in over four years. We value you as a customer and look forward to continue to improve your cloud experience in the future.

Please don’t hesitate to contact the CX.com support department with further questions at support@cx.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now read this below
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Due to a critical failure with our third party hosting provider, we regret to inform you that your files are no longer accessible. All exhaustive attempts to recover your files have been unsuccessful. We realize how important your files are to you and sincerely apologize for this major disruption.
As you may have seen on the Facebook post on June 25th, CX.com is scheduled to replace the outdated and overworked FileDen system to a new CX.com system at the end of August. The CX.com system will provide an improved environment for you with increased free storage to 10GB, 100 percent reliability for your files (CX.com has never lost a file), blazing speeds and more features such as streaming music and videos, one click social sharing, private sharing and private groups.
As a token of our appreciation for your patience, all paid users will receive a full refund for the month of July and all future charges from FileDen will cease
You can set-up your new account immediately. Please follow the simple steps below:
1. Click here to establish a free CX.com account (please see note below on upgrades)
2. Once your CX account is created click here to obtain the CX Desktop App. The
CX Desktop App allows you to choose folders on your computer that will allow you to automatically upload copies of your files into your new CX.com account. This will help you quickly upload your files into the CX cloud.
Free CX.com Upgraded Paid Plans for 4 Months
If you would like to upgrade to one of the CX.com paid plans, we would also like to extend a special offer to you for 4 months of free service on any CX.com paid plans. An upgraded plan gives you increased storage and capabilities such as streaming music and videos, one click social sharing, private sharing, private groups and much, much more.
Please use coupon code “fileden” with your sign-up or upgrade from a free plan.
Free Hot Linking Capabilities
By the end of August, you will receive an email from CX.com giving you instructions to add the hot linking feature to your new account free for 90 days. This feature is currently under development and will be ready for use at that time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY files my bloody files, everything i ever did was in a paid account on fileden,from music to images and sounds
all for trackmania....
INCLUDING the brand new Project V-Rally Title Pack for valley.......
i am so much gutted and do not know what to do next

all them years of work gone
10 pages of files
10 lines per page
10 files per line

update: Sorry if any of my tracks Do Not load image's/sounds from now to the past years !

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Wow I'm really sorry for you :( that is such bad luck..

My files are ok.. Dling them all atm so if anyone sees an old post from me where the pic is broken, just contact me and i'll reupload it.

It is really too bad you cant put computer files in an old box and stove them away in your attic forever :(
Last edited by Tuta,
· · · – – – · · ·

Tuta
i am very glad your files are ok, and i know you been around many years like me...
so are you signing up to Cx.com ? 10GB free is ok...not sure what to do just yet !
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Nah I'm sticking with dropbox. It is really good. Very useful to have connection with your smartphone etc aswell and just drop into a folder to upload :)

Edit: It also seems like on CX.com you have to pay for hotlinking after the first 90 days? Without hotlinking it would be useless for me
Last edited by Tuta,
· · · – – – · · ·

never liked fileden... avast often called it a virus.
Zimmer Racer

Horrible news. Really sorry to hear about that Wraith. :(

I used it years ago for hosting some music for my tracks, so I guess those locators will be dead soon, if not already.
Site Leader

time to invest in a VPN!
Moped Racer

I'm really sorry for you Wraith (and all others who lost their files). :'( :@ :'(

Thank you for the info! (y)

Is there any chance (solution) to keep the locators working without making the tracks invalid?
:-w
Beetle Racer

[quote=Hans Holo]I'm really sorry for you Wraith (and all others who lost their files). :'( :@ :'(

Thank you for the info! (y)

Is there any chance (solution) to keep the locators working without making the tracks invalid?

^^^
it will not make the tracks invalid, but instead of seeing image's inside the game, i am thinking you will
see a grey and black square box instead....tracks will 100% be ok ! i hope

just spent all night and all morning deleting my loc files on my pc, but sadly most of the files went with fileden
Now to host the wrc files somewhere

ooOOO MY GOOD GOD "lost my custom car skins"..guessing over the next few days or weeks
i will notice how much as gone...i put stuff on fileden for save keeping when a hard drive went down :'(
Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

I think I should have asked:
Is there a chance to "renew" the locators without making the tracks invalid?
Something like: keeping the track untouched and redirect from the fileden-space to a new hoster where the file is stored.
(I don't think it's possible. Would be a real hard hit between the legs of TM. But maybe some tech-wizard has an idea...)
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem