Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Lost friends 
Lost friends
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

FT»Mandark says:
I often was on PPO or other TM2 servers and I often heard : "xmastree should stop building!" , "He is noob, he banned my track on ppo!" , "oh no, xmastree started building on TM2" and all these other stuff... Now he died and is loved by everyone. Please don't hate me, I don't wanna be rude, but I was just saying.

I think it's just a reminder that we should be nicer to people while we still have them with us.

There were of course people that didn't like his tracks. On the flip side, there's many people who don't really care for some of the transitional nightmare tracks that some members of the community have built. People have a broad variety of tastes. The problem starts when people are intolerant of what other people enjoy. Build what you like, drive what you like, and try to be respectful of everyone. You can't really do more than that. I really hate to see some of this cyberbullying that goes on in TM from time to time. People think it's in good fun or that it's not that bad if the recipient isn't a kid, but it's just not cool and people make themselves out to be quite immature when they do it. Maybe this will be a lesson to some and make them stop and think the next time they want to do that.

I've posted some details about cause of death on TMX United....
http://united.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=threadshow&id=4095466&postid=4096154#auto
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Kind of touching that he still made tracks and was a regular in the community in spite of fighting with chronic illnesses.

That said, I've never played any. So I can't remember him for his tracks. Though, if TM was something so meaningful to him that he kept playing/building unto the last minute, well maybe I'll give a few a spin.

also, what andrew said. Can't remember if I've trolled this guy in the past or whatever.
Moped Racer

He was never very active on the forums, so you probably didn't.
Site Leader

eyebo (553) says:
On the flip side, there's many people who don't really care for some of the transitional nightmare tracks that some members of the community have built.

I have seen more complaints like this than I have seen tracks like this, by about a ten to one margin.
eye says:
I really hate to see some of this cyberbullying that goes on in TM from time to time. People think it's in good fun or that it's not that bad if the recipient isn't a kid, but it's just not cool and people make themselves out to be quite immature when they do it. Maybe this will be a lesson to some and make them stop and think the next time they want to do that.

People are so rude; damn them. ;)
Quad Bike Racer

XmasTree's ex-wife...
lives in Texas with her husband Rivertramp...
they lived with XmasTree for 5 years.

Quad Bike Racer

That's true. Isn't it nice when people can still be friends even after they're no longer married?
Really says a lot about about a person I think.
Site Leader

FT»Mandark says:
(...) I often heard : "xmastree should stop building!" , "He is noob, he banned my track on ppo!" , "oh no, xmastree started building on TM2" and all these other stuff(...)

being xmastree or anyother mapper with a passion to build tracks, saying the person to stop making maps IS THE WORST THING anyone can say to a mapper

things like: "i hate it" why? "because it's stupid" why? "..." <- it's a stupidity for me, if anyone think the track is bad just say what is bad with a clear explanation don't be stupid

I say it again, just saying stop building is stupid, imagine if you like to play soccer? You are a bad player, should you stop playing it because other people sayd so? If you are happy to play soccer than play it!!! :|
If many people listened those advices tmx would have half a million tracks

As for xmastree, sure he didnt made any masterpiece, or any historic track or be known for any style but that was a good thing, he build the way he wanted he had fun building that way, he liked to share his creations with us and for sure he would be happy to see many people riding and have fun with his work over these years
He made fun tracks, they didnt need to be good, just fun

I have to say I enjoy playing in a server with custom made tracks by beginners than in servers with advanced skill mappers
As for me I enjoy better to play a fun track than a good track

in trackmania there's no good tracks or bad tracks
there's people who enjoy the track and people who dont enjoy it and nothing else
Old Age Caravanner

Sad to read this.. I remember him as a nice guy and active part of our community.
..wasn't me

Part of me has always admired him for his strength of mind, creating tracks true to his own visions no matter how strong the criticism, and happily experimenting with expressions through mods and skins. He was very appreciative and approachable online. I've enjoyed my time racing with him and will remember his friendliness and passion.
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

Sad news indeed. I remember him as a very likable and active part of the community who had the strenght to go his own way, precisely because of his trackbuilding. I'd lie now if I said I've loved his tracks, but that doesn't matter even a bit. I hope he could still enjoy his last years as much as possible and wish all the best to his family/friends.
G-kart Racer
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem