Location: Home  Community Forums  Your Maps  caerphoto's tracks 
caerphoto's tracks
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
caerphoto's tracks  
Hello! These are my tracks. Well, this is my one and only track, as I've not made any more yet!

A relatively short track starting off along the canyon walls, descending to cross a small platform area, then into a couple of tunnels and finally around a banked semi-circle to the finish.

Surface is mostly road, with a few platform bits. The track shouldn't be difficult to finish, although the narrow roads surrounded by dirt are not very forgiving of mistakes; straying just a little will have a significant impact on your time.
Last edited by caerphoto,
Learner Driver

New track time!

A track designed to resemble a futuristic industrial city block with a dark, dirty and oppressive atmosphere. It is completely enclosed, so you won't see open sky until right at the very end; by that time it should come as a bit of a relief, albeit short-lived.

The route is simple to follow, so you shouldn't have any difficulty finishing the track, but there are plenty of corners and so plenty of opportunity to improve your time.

Includes an intro, and some in-race colour effects/tonemapping to enhance the atmosphere. No outro or podium.
Learner Driver

Third track! This one's an off-road drift race through canyons and around a cliff-top. Simple route, but you'll need good drifting skills to get a good time!

Learner Driver

After a long, long time off due to Skyrim, I finally got around to finishing off my latest track:

A race around a docklands-style area, with jumps over warehouse entrances, a zoom along the waterfront, and even a long road to freedom

Surface is almost all arena/platform sections, with a couple of short road bits.

Includes intro and outro, and reasonably good ghost time of 48.45. Should be well enough signposted that the route is clear.

Hope you like it!

edit: here's a map of the track:
Learner Driver

Again with the huge break between map uploads – this time it was (and kinda still is) Guild Wars 2 :d

So anyway, here's my latest track:

A nice simple, smooth map. Mostly racetrack, with a bit of highway and a short run past some woods on dirt, then back on track and into a half-pipe corner.

Should be quite beginner-friendly, and doesn't need a GPS/guide. Fully completable from any checkpoint.

Includes intro and replay MT. Author time is 40.41 seconds.

Hope you like it, and as always I'd love any feedback on what I could be doing better :d
Learner Driver

Another one :d

A simple race track with a twist: part way through, the weather turns bad! The sky darkens, rain hits the camera, and visibility is impaired, although if you're quick enough, you can reach the finish before it gets too bad.

I tried to make sure the racing was good before adding the extra complications, so the track doesn't rest entirely upon its gimmick :)

Includes a short (4 seconds) intro, some in-race MT (for the weather effects), a single-take replay, and a podium.

Author time is 39.65 seconds. Probably possible to get faster than this, but not by a lot :)
Learner Driver

Description:

It's dark down in the lower Wards. That's where the majority of the industrial facilities are: waste processing, ore refining, power generation. The air is thick with a sickly green haze, preventing you from seeing far ahead and causing lights to glare blindingly.

Get through quickly, and try not to breathe the poisonous air!

---

WARD L9/A is my second track to employ a sci-fi dystopian theme, only this time with added grime: extensive MT work to completely change the feel of the standard TM blocks.

The first track was criticised for not being well signposted enough; hopefully this track is better in that regard (it's still quite hard to tell, since I'm so intimately familiar with all its areas).

A number of tricky turns here, too, with plenty of scope for optimising your line. A word of warning for the final straight: keep right!

---

Includes a simple intro, the aforementioned in-race MT colour grading, and an outro/replay designed to imitate CCTV.

Hope you like it!
Learner Driver

Hello! Gosh it's been a while! Here's my latest two tracks, both Valley ones. As usual with my tracks, I've tried to create a believable setting, with nothing looking obviously out of place (as far as that's possible in Trackmania, at least). The idea is to make it feel like you're driving around/through a real place.

A sunset track starting out in the forest, looping back round onto a highway for a bit then a sharp exit through a stadium parking lot, out into a tunnel then a quick exit off the highway again to the finish.

A nice relatively easy and shortish (~35sec) track with a finish that leaves your car where it started (more or less ;) ). It starts off with a twisty section through a village, then opens out into a large 180° turn before heading up the cliffside and over a blind crest (the trickiest part, imo – aim for the rightmost ▼ sign), past a stadium then back down the other side of the hill to the finish.
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem