Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  MTC June 2024: Checkmate! 
MTC June 2024: Checkmate!
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  3 Observers
MTC June 2024: Checkmate!  

Welcome again! The ManiaExchange Monthly Track Contest (MTC) iterates once more for June 2024! I am Arai, your thankful host.

Theme of the Month: Checkmate!

Blocks are only allowed to be placed within a checkerboard pattern.

Theme Specific Rules
  • Imagine the map editor's tiles as the squares of a checkerboard. After placing the start block, every consequent block must be placed on the same "colour" of said checkerboard. (The vertical grid is not included in those rules and thus, can be ignored.)
  • If a block spans multiple tiles, both the start of the block and its end must be located within the correctly coloured squares.
  • Items that are off-grid may not extend past the borders of the aforementioned squares.

• Blockmixing is allowed
  • Duo maps are allowed.
  • Author time must be between 20 seconds and 3 minutes.

Titlepacks allowed:
  • TM² Canyon
  • TM² Valley
  • TM² Stadium
  • TM² Lagoon
  • TM1 Alpine
  • TM1 Speed
  • TM1 Island
  • TM² MultiEnv / TMAll

General Rules
  • MTC should be present in the track name. Example: "SuperCoolTrackName (MTC)" or "mtc|EvenCoolerName"
  • Maps should be built in the most recent version of the game.
  • Maps must be built during the month of this MTC.
  • Maps requiring drivers to use OpenPlanet are NOT allowed
  • Maps must be under 4 MBs (online server limit)

How to Submit
  • You MUST upload your track to this mappack and optionally post a link to your map in this thread

Deadlines
  • Your map should be uploaded before Thursday june 24th @ 05:59 CEST. Submissions will continue to be accepted until I officially announce closure in this thread.
  • Maps submitted within the deadline are allowed to be updated at any time. Although, if it is updated during the voting week, that will be at the cost of losing your votes!
  • Voting week begins on Monday June 24th @ 06:00 CEST and ends on Saturday June 30th @ 06:00 CEST
  • Results are calculated and posted soon after voting closes

Voting
  • When the voting week starts, the maps will be available on a server in the TM2 MultiEnv titlepack.
  • The server will be open for 7 days.
  • To vote, use the karma system on the server.
    -- 1 point (bad)
    - 2 points
    +- 3 points
    + 4 points
    ++ 5 points (good)
  • Everyone is allowed to vote, even players who submitted a map (your vote on your own map won't be counted)
  • You must vote on at least half of the submitted maps in order for your votes to be counted
  • Your votes will be averaged for the maps you didn't vote on. But please try to vote on as many maps as possible.
  • Note that you have to finish a map in order to vote!
  • Players are encouraged to leave an award on the maps they liked, and to post constructive feedback on as many maps as possible

Prizes
:gold: The top 3 winners will see their map featured on the front page.
:gold: Bragging rights and a feeling of accomplishment!

Good luck, and if you have any questions, please ask!
Last edited by AraiKay,
MTC Host

Hi,i cant put my map in the mappack,Why?
Learner Driver

road64 says:
Hi,i cant put my map in the mappack, Why?

OH NO! this is now fixed! I want to apologize to anyone who tried uploading their MTC maps! I had a checkbox not checked.
MTC Host

repair done,ok thank you! :) (y)

Last edited by road64,
Learner Driver
MTC June 2024: Checkmate! Closing submissions, Voting starts!  

The voting week has started for this month's monthly track contest!!! Map submissions are closed.
If you wish to vote for your favorite maps, you can join the server titled "MTC-Monthly track contest voting!" on the TMall/MultiEnv titlepack.
This month's theme was "Back, But Not On Track" : Every Map had to be built within a checkerboard pattern.

Make sure to award the maps you enjoy, here, on TM²X. And, most importantly, have fun!

For more information, click the button below

MTC Host

... says:
Note that you have to finish a map in order to vote!

I can understand that this map is hard, but it's a bit odd to break the rules (especially when you set them :p ). I also saw that on another map (Bishop Run if I remember correctly)

Yin said this rule doesn't exist anymore (even if it's still written here??), but that seems an important rule to avoid abuse, like anyone downvoting without even playing, or just judging map by its scenery.
Last edited by dr_eugene,
Learner Driver

This month's MTC is over. the votes for each map have been compiled and thus, these results came out.
The map that has recieved the best votes is dr_eugene's "The Good"

Congratulations to them!

The top 3 goes as follows

:gold: 1st place: dr_eugene - "F MTC -The Good"

:silver: 2nd place: road64 - "(mtc)Black Boxe"

:bronze: 3rd place: AraiKay - "MTC - Clusters"

These three maps will be featured on the front page.

Thank you to everybody else who made a track this month, here are all the averages!
F MTC -The Good (dr_eugene) : 4.4
(mtc)Black Boxe (road64) : 4.33
MTC - Clusters (AraiKay) : 4.2
MTC - Protect The Queen (threading) : 3.8
MTC -The Silly (dr_eugene) : 3.33
MTC - The Snarky Acrobat (Yin_Tm) : 3
MTC-Bishop RUN OLD (JMtracks) : 1.57

You can access all of their maps in the Mappack below.
https://tm.mania.exchange/mappack/view/1414/mtc-may-2024-back-but-not-on-track
MTC Host
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem