Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Where TrackMania Comes From, And What Comes From TrackMania 
Where TrackMania Comes From, And What Comes From TrackMania
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Where TrackMania Comes From, And What Comes From TrackMania  
Hey guys.

Some guys started a little discussion on Ganja's new track, about games ancient games with stunts and track editor. I would not be surprised if NADEO took inspiration from these games. Some of you guys know about Stunts. It's very similar to TrackMania. This game has track edtior, stunts, even replays. The only thing that misses is car painter 8-| I would really love to play this game if I will have the chance.

Another similar game which is older is Racing Destruction Set . Track editor, stunts and all this stuff.

Also a recent game (Released after TrackMania, from 2003) called Nitro Stunt Racing is close to TrackMania. Rip-Off or not ?

Crashday is another game close to TM. Crashday focuses mostly on stunts but it also includes a track editor.

In my opinion I think none of these games beats TrackMania. (y)
So let's discuss and come up with other similar games if you know.
Beetle Racer

Jetcar Stunts on Android and Iphone, I think it was inspired by stadium :) No track editor though.
· · · – – – · · ·

iI think trackMania is a combination and improvement of all these games. It's like with Minecraft. Infiniminer was before MC, but MC improved the game style
Beetle Racer

Tuta says:
Jetcar Stunts on Android and Iphone, I think it was inspired by stadium :) No track editor though.

Well, in this game, there are many differents loops/wallride/some other crazy things I can't even name, two same styles as in TM (Race/Platform), and an outro, + bronze/silver/gold medal! ^^

By the way, @all Iphone/Androdi owner: buy this one! :cool:
Moped Racer

Interesting to see some of these other games that are related to the way TM plays. I've known of Stunts for quite a while now, so after reading this I decided to finally download it and see what it's like. :)
G-kart Racer

There was a game called Stuntman which came out about the same time as trackmania. It had a track editor with all kinds of pieces, including loops. The big difference from trackmania is that the track pieces weren't confined to a grid, you could place them anywhere. I'm pretty sure I spent more time with the editor than the career mode.
G-kart Racer

Hey, look at Whiplash. It's also very similar to TrackMania, with loops , jumps and all this stuff .
Beetle Racer

If you want to go back to the roots of racing games with this thread, good ol' F-Zero on the SNES needs a mention. Mode 7 may not look like much now, but when it came out it put racing games on the map. There may have been games before it but F-Zero made the genre accessible.

As for what has to thank Trackmania for it's existence, I really can't say. I haven't played too many racing games but the ones I have played have nothing in common with Trackmania.

Although Modnation Racers has a track editor...
Last edited by Phoenyx Imperius,
Rise from the ashes!

Oooh man I loved playing Stunts in the old days! Having said that, damn I feel old.
But it is remarkable how games lookalike. This makes me think of a blog entry not so long ago from Eyebo called Remixing. I believe the same aspect or thought pattern can be in use for this thread.

Using/stealing each others ideas and mixing it up to become something "original" and new. At least that's what they want.

Still some fun games.
Feels gooood!

I think Mod Nations Racers (PS3) is someway based in trackmania concept (mixed with Mario Kart).
The editor of MNR beats the TM2 editor in almost all aspects. I think the TM2 editor is getting out of date... I would be nice some evolution. I played Stunts, and IMO is the clear precursor of TM... The editor is the same in both (with a little technologic jump in TM).

Quad Bike Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem