Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Some questions I have (for e-sports) 
Some questions I have (for e-sports)
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Some questions I have (for e-sports)  
I have some questions to the pros or better players (just for some mindgame):

How important are signs in tournaments, if you have a GPS to get the right way?
I mean that you have no signs at all, not an arrow in the false direction.

And would it be hard if there were obvious and at least a bit distracting signs?
I mean in ther places where are now the arrows, so thats easy to see but not all over the place.

I would say its not important to talk about this, if you have a real long time to prepare a track,
but how is it if you have to prepare like 3 or 4 (not so hard) tracks in one week for a match?

And in different styles? I think in dirt or RPG or Tech its no problem but in Speedtech or FS?

I'm mostly a Stadium player so this all was about Stadium so: How is this in other environments?

And why all this?
I would love to see a big TM tournament. And to fund this you could sell the signspace to sponsors so that they can put advertisement there.
And the more detailed questions are for the mindgame, an tournament idea I have (I cant organize it just want to set it on Tmx -> in an extra post).

Good race
Rioyter
Last edited by Rioyter,
Old Age Caravanner

If the mappack is available in advance of the tournament, then directional signage is of less importance as most players get a chance to learn the route and optimize their lines before playing it in the event.

GPS really shouldn't be necessary on any competitive map.

Scenery can do a lot, sometimes even more than signs, to direct the driver where to go. But experienced mappers already know this.
Site Leader

Thanks ;)
Yeah GPS should be unnecessary, I just hate if I have to search the way before driving.

Sure on MX-KO and PEC and so on it crucial, but I thought about mini blackouts when you shortly cant remember the track and then you see the sign and then Ah yeah this way!
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem