Wallrides ?!
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Wallrides ?!  
HOW DO THEY WORK ?

I honestly don't understand how you must enter them, how you must exit them and how to drive on them, in order to get out again within the shortest amount of time. I lose anywhere between 100 and 200 kmh every time I try to drive them.

Any help is very, very welcome.

R.

edit: I'm talking about the 5-2-1 + 5-1-1 wallrides, not the banked ones.
Last edited by Rewiind,
Quad Bike Racer

Enter them as smoothly as possible - take your time with them, as going towards a wallride like this: "--->|" is a bad idea, you will lose a lot of speed. It's pretty hard to explain... but just look at some vids of FS maps in youtube, I'm sure you'll figure out the way to do it. Landing in the same way. Just make sure you don't end up overdoing it, otherwise you'll find yourself driving sideways soon.

Confusing explanation but maybe you understood something :p
Back in action!

Ah ok, I figured it out what you mean, haha :p thanks!

And to add to my primary question: what's the best way to tackle the rounded wallride parts ? Should I drive to the vertical parts, or stay on the rounded sections near the ground ? vvv

Number 2 is managable, though it still sends my car drifting in a weird way and slows my down.
Number 1 is just impossible for me. Luckily you don't encunter this one a lot.

Quad Bike Racer

Wallrides are the biggest shit here in tm2. Why couldn't nadeo/ubisoft handle a good carphysic there...>.< (same for loopings) ..
Last edited by ReviiLo,
Quad Bike Racer

who said it's bad? get used to it, at least for me it's quite fun to drive on them.
Zimmer Racer

Rewiind says:
Ah ok, I figured it out what you mean, haha :p thanks!

And to add to my primary question: what's the best way to tackle the rounded wallride parts ? Should I drive to the vertical parts, or stay on the rounded sections near the ground ? vvv

Number 2 is managable, though it still sends my car drifting in a weird way and slows my down.
Number 1 is just impossible for me. Luckily you don't encunter this one a lot.

(edit: for number 2): Pretty sure it depends on your speed, but I'd try to make it as "low" as possible. If your speed is really high, you're forced to take it from the vertical part though, because otherwise you'll fly off the block.

For the number one, I don't really know. Depends on the landing zone. I would actually make it like a normal road turn - try to get as left as possible and then manually slide through the corner. Again, depends on your speed. If it's high speed you can blame the author 8-|
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

Space says:
who said it's bad? get used to it, at least for me it's quite fun to drive on them.

it's fun, but no more if you want hunt a good record cause you always loose grip,speed and time there and it feels just lucky.
Quad Bike Racer

ReviiLo says:
Space says:

it's fun, but no more if you want hunt a good record cause you always loose grip,speed and time there and it feels just lucky.

The game isn't even released yet, I'm pretty sure your skills will improve over time :p Maybe after a few months you'll find that it's about skill, not luck. We all need a lot of training in TM2..
Last edited by Ville,
Back in action!

probably but it's still just frustrating if you hold the best times and then comes a wall :'(
Last edited by ReviiLo,
Quad Bike Racer

they are okay on some maps, but in general they really suck imo. revilo got the point, if i'm on a good run i'm always afraid of a wall.
Quad Bike Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem