Location: Home  Community Forums  General  diagonals blocks for object collection(minor suggestion thin... 
diagonals blocks for object collection(minor suggestion thing)
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
diagonals blocks for object collection(minor suggestion thing)  
By diagonal i mean initially intended to be placed diagonal so that the block can be rotated in angles it otherwise could not be since you are locked to 6 directions up and down, only allowing you to make complex things with curved blocks for the most part.

there´s already tons of stuff in there so not really needed but would be fun to mess around with.

Last edited by Bordoc,
Learner Driver

You can convert any block to an embeddable item and then rotate it at 15 degree increments on any axis. :d So you could easily make your own diagonal blocks.
Site Leader

does that mess with compatibility?
anywho thanks for the tip (y)
Learner Driver

As long as you don't do it with too many blocks, as there's a 1MB limit for embedding items in a map file.
Site Leader

this is kind of off topic from the main question but i figured id post this question here instead of making a new topic since it concerns the same thing almost.

Is it possible to use the Canyon car on the 64x64 stadium base or would it be hard to make a Canyon base? also if Canyon got some minor grass that would be awesome since we could finally make city maps that trancend out into dry offroad plains with stormdrains and ports etc. those cubic skyscraper blocks should not be too Heavy on the max ammmount of embedable items if you segment the Town into districts.

could Always try using Another Environment but i have no idea if the server plugins can support that
Learner Driver

Unfortunately, there's no way currently to mix any non-Stadium car onto a Stadium base. The best you can do for getting a larger base right now is to mix the CanyonCar onto either Valley or Lagoon (both of which have larger bases than Canyon). I know that Canyon has a grass texture (it's on the corners of some GP pieces), so you may be able to make items that use it with the mesh modeler.
MTC Host
MTC Host

Ive been thinking about playing around with the mesh modeller but so far i havent got the hang of it. A 40x40 cube of grass should be rather basic i guess. do players downloading maps with custom items appart from those featured in a pack have to download that item also without automation and annoying fiddling or do they tag along nicely?
Learner Driver

As long as you activate "Item Embedding" (which is in the tools menu under "Unlock Experimental Features" for some reason), the item is added to the map's file itself; that is, players don't need to download anything extra for the items to appear.
MTC Host
MTC Host

do you guys know any good tutorial on how to get started with mesh modeling? Ive been thinking about editing some of the standard blocks like for example doubling the size of the green Canyon pieces or Cave parts, but i have no idea how to get the accurate measurements since there doesnt seem to be a ruler.
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem