Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  How to update a map to mp4 on MX ? 
How to update a map to mp4 on MX ?
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
How to update a map to mp4 on MX ?  
Hi everyone,

I wanted to update some of my maps to mp4 on MX, but when I updated the new file, I lost all the old replays. https://tm.mania-exchange.com/s/tr/82228
We told me that normally the old times and dedi records stays and its weird to have a new file. Can you please help me ?
Thanks,

Tona
Learner Driver

The replays will not be deleted if the UID stays the same.

You can use GbxDump to check the UID of the old file and the new one to make sure they match before updating the map page.

Normally re-saving the map in the editor will keep the same UID, as long as you don't have to validate the map again.

However, it looks like your map name has a period in it. Unfortunately the MP4 editor doesn't really support saving map names with periods. So this probably caused the map name to change slightly, thus modifying the UID.

In the case of your map, you'd have to use the batch converter to update the map, which is what we would have used when originally updating the map. The map should have already been updated to MP4. Unless it was hidden while we updated the ~115,000 public maps on the site.

The file currently uploaded is an old MP3 version of the track. And yet, it says you uploaded it an hour ago. Why did you upload an old version of the map? In hopes of getting the replays back?

Currently all of your maps are already MP4 compatible, except TonaTech #1..

If you're wanting to do block changes to the maps, fixing blockmixing or anything like that, it will create a new version of the map, and you will lose the replays.

It's what happened to my first Canyon track. I fixed a cut on it, and changed the start, and I lost all the replays on it. But I also knew it was going to happen, since I was making changes to the map itself, not just updating it.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Hi,

AFter a lot of tests, I indeed have a problem because of the period... So, no solution to fix that and keep the same UID anyway with the MP4 editor right?

... says:
In the case of your map, you'd have to use the batch converter to update the map, which is what we would have used when originally updating the map. The map should have already been updated to MP4.

What is that? I don't really understand :(

... says:
Currently all of your maps are already MP4 compatible, except TonaTech #1..

I tried some of the maps indeed and it's playable. BUT, for example when i donload the replay on this map https://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/101436/tonatech-43 I don't see all blocks when I'm whatching to the replay but I see them when I play the map in the usual way. However, I don't see these blocks when I want to play against the replay. Is someone able ro help me? I don't get this! :p

Thanks,
Last edited by Tona.nc,
Learner Driver

Every replay contains a copy of the map it was driven on. Due to the replays being driven in MP3, the data inside the replay contains a copy of the non-upgraded version of the map. As far as we're aware, there is no easy way to upgrade a replay, so these "faulty" replays are kept for reference. Any newly uploaded replays will contain the proper, upgraded map data.
Buffer Overflow

Hi again,

I spent a lot of time to do some researches and finally found this : https://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?p=289131#p289131

I'll try to use this to update my maps on my computer but my question is : do I need to upload them again on MX or are they already updated, I didn't well understand.

I thank you a lot for all your quick answers guys. :d
Learner Driver

Every single map of yours is already updated, so you don't need to do anything (y)
Buffer Overflow
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem