Lagoon
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Lagoon  
Hey,
maybe this is a dumb question, but do I have to buy "Lagoon" in Maniaplanet even if I have already bought Tm Turbo?
Thanks in regards :)
G-kart Racer

Yes, you do.
Site Leader

ok, thank you :)
I think I'm not gonna buy the same game 2 times^^
G-kart Racer

;) Up to you, of course.

Even though I got it free until ManiaPlanet 5 (as a Turbo owner who was in the Lagoon beta), I went ahead and bought it as well, so as to support Nadeo's efforts to continue working on ManiaPlanet.

I also really love having Lagoon as part of ManiaPlanet, because of the added blocks there, and the ability to use the mesh editor and embeddable objects.

Plus, having it opens up the ability to use multi-env titlepacks and make envmix tracks, which you can't do unless you own all the environments.

We all have to decide what's best to spend our money on though. (y)
Site Leader

I think Lagoon is a good buy, and since you have Turbo you've already got a good idea of if you like how it handles. I've got all my TrackMania games on Steam, and I'll be honest one of the only reasons I bought Lagoon instead of keeping the TM Turbo extended trial was just to keep the collection complete (the other being so that my ownership of Lagoon doesn't expire ever).

I used to put Valley as my favorite environment, but Lagoon might just dethrone that. It feels just right to me, between the quick and tight asphalt and the technically challenging dirt/wood. Honestly, the dirt/wood is one of my favorite parts of Lagoon. There's a satisfaction when you nail a drift that you can't get in something like Canyon; Canyon is easy to get good drifts in, Lagoon clearly isn't.

Plus, the environment just looks amazing; the whole tropical feel of Lagoon just feels right. I plan on using the scenery in many more of my tracks. Speaking of tracks, I honestly think Lagoon has the best early campaign of any TM2 game (the later tracks get too unnecessarily difficult and rough for me to properly enjoy). Obviously, I'm not going to force you to buy anything. I'm just satisfied with the job Nadeo has done with this environment (even if the magnet physics update was probably a bad idea).
MTC Host
MTC Host

eyebo says:
Even though I got it free until ManiaPlanet 5

Gonna became free ? Like there's going to be the demo for it to ? Because now the multi-enviro titlepack require Lagoon and people who was able to play it with free version before can't because Lagoon
Trying Unique Idea
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem