Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Mediatracker bugs - relating ghosts, cam tracking, etc 
Mediatracker bugs - relating ghosts, cam tracking, etc
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Mediatracker bugs - relating ghosts, cam tracking, etc  
Hey guys,

im trying to make a gps in the mediatracker and im almost desperately, because i cant figure out why some strange bugs appears.

The gps is supposed to start when you wait 3 seconds at start. All is setted up correctly in the Mediatracker ("ingame" section ofc) and works fine, when showcase in the MT: there is a countdown, then gps-car (recorded ghost) appears, and the cam-tracker starts following the gps-car. All seems fine, but ingame (when validating or play as solo map) nothing works like supposed: the gps-car appears right after mapstart (while gps-countdown) and the cam doesnt follow the gps-car, but sticks to local player in the setted camview...

Maybe someone has similar issues or any idea how to fix that problem?
G-kart Racer

Yes, I had similar problem, The camera was followed by a local player. Reason: The name of the driver ghost car It switches itself to a local player. Check all the keys on the camera. Sometimes it is enough to restart the editor and the seting of tracking cars is self corrected . The mediatracker has a lot of bugs. It need a good nerves.
G-kart Racer

the strange thing is, when i check up in mediatracker, everything is fine, none of the setting has changed (still gps-ghost selected etc)... and the ghost issue is totaly new for me, never saw this in mp3 before: the ghost appears before the recording is starting in the mediatracker :/

edit: ok found a solution: had to remove and add again another clip which contains ghosts as well. Who would have thought it :|
Last edited by Beatinfected,
G-kart Racer

Now I thought I had seen this mistake several times. This is probably an older bug that comes at random.
You can see the tracks. I think here are the same problems :d .
"»Whistle"
"Valley-oop"
I think there will be more such tracks ;)

G-kart Racer

One of the reasons these maps have GPSes that don't work anymore is that the MP4 update broke them due to how they were made. Basically, the GPS let the player choose the camera position while it was running. This doesn't work anymore.

To make it simple: you need a camera clip which extends itself through the whole duration of the camera:

(It's from an older game, but the same principle applies :p)

Ghosts can appear before their clips start - that's a bug which originates from the days of United.
Last edited by Voyager006,
Moped Racer

Interesting because in the united I never seen the bug you described.
But can you please upload the picture of gps Valley-oop where the bug ?
I tested my old track (not all) but my gps work good, but my camera folowing the ghost over the full length of the timeline. I probably know how you mean it, but I'd rather see it. I would like to avoid mistakes. :d
For example my standard gps. The ghost is followed along the entire length with forced camera.

Click here for full view
G-kart Racer

Does the camera clip have the anchor set to the GPS ghost, like this?

Then it should follow the car. (y) If not, then it's most likely a bug with the MediaTracker. Try adjusting the GPS right after opening the map.

For those interested, this is how the broken GPS from Valley-oop looks like:

Last edited by Voyager006,
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem