Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Question on reply values. 
Question on reply values.
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Question on reply values.  
I read that it may be easier to beat times on tracks made before the MP4 update. If that is true, then why aren't the MP4 times categorized separately so that the value calculations start over?
Learner Driver

There's a ~0.3s gain on Canyon and a bit less on Valley. Really easy to get Top1 on short and FS maps. There would be a problem if MP4 was slower, but I think it can be left as is, the "!" icon is enough. Two rankings for each map don't sound interesting, and maybe a future update will break it again? MP3 is gone and if we can't play in the MP3 ladder it'd become a museum for ancient replays, let them be beaten.

I think the leaderboards should be changed instead:

- Cumulative leaderboards: years come and go and nothing changes here. Don't benefit active mappers. Allows spamming.
Suggestion: take out its position of main leaderboard, rename as "Historical", leave only as a menu option in the "Leaderboards" tab for the curious.

- Best 25 replays: boring like above, and Canyon is totally broken. Just remove it.

- Classic leaderboard: differently than above, the maps are few enough to be naturally refreshed over time. Keep it as is.

- Main leaderboard(new): suggestion for replacing both cumulative and best 25 replays. Counts only replays on tracks uploaded last 30 days. Antispam large enough to benefit active mappers, small enough for competition. 25/environment and 50/combined is fine. 10 is too few, 100 is too much.
Why not replays uploaded last 30 days like in TM1? People would instead hunt old maps from inactive mappers.
G-kart Racer

Personally, I think the LB rating system on the Mania exchange is much better than the tm1
Yes maybe he would want small compensation thanks to mp4 update , but the basic principle is fine and more more better than tmx.
Why ? The reason why I do not like the calculation of LB rating to tmx is simple. The track should be the primary factor, becomes a hostage of coincidence. For example: On the track upload your replay for example 15 well rated people with a average own skill. These 15 players rises the value of LB rating of the track to 70 . Well It works good. But then a really good rider will come , but the person has personal LB rating 0 because uploaded your own replay only exceptionally. But this is the total end of the track , because Lb rating on the track is totally degraded zero value of own lbrating of excellent driver. My English is too bad to be able better explain . But I think the current calculation of LB rating on ManiaExchange is still the best ever.

And how to force people to ride tracks others ? I would restore the playpal offline . First, I need update the playpal offline tracks. to mp4. On tmnf exchange playpal offline works still great. It's just motivation to ride.
Last edited by OLDA_X,
G-kart Racer

Yea, the MX LB Rating is great, I prefer it too, but a short term leaderboard could be more interesting.

I'd love to see a return of PlayPal.
Last edited by Mortex -745-,
G-kart Racer

Ok personal Leaderboard with 30 days experience is good idea , true and i agree.
I just wanted to say that it is not good to mix a personal lader together with the LB rating of the track because I know a lot of cases when evaluation of track was totally damaged.
G-kart Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem