Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Cutting the yellow connectors off track pieces in TM2 Stadiu... 
Cutting the yellow connectors off track pieces in TM2 Stadium
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Cutting the yellow connectors off track pieces in TM2 Stadium  
I have found a way to cut the connector sections off the end of any piece of track that has a yellow connector piece. The reason this is unique is i can do it only using blockmixer, whereas others have done it before using custom blocks or block editing then embedding.

for example:

This allows you to get a new type of drop transition as wheels will not follow a dropaway piece if you wanted a straight drop. In the picture below you can see the old way you would get the front wheels touching the lower bit for a bit, altering the fall trajectory slightly.

For Comparison:

So far i have been able to reproduce this effect on any block with a height change so long as there is another block with the same height change and length. The method is as follows:

1). Place the piece of equal length and height down normally

2). Place the block you wish to have the ends cut off in block mix mode(f2).

3). Delete the 1st piece that was not block mixed.

Example of other pieces of track:

Let me know if this helps anyone or if anyone at least finds it interesting.
Old Age Caravanner

Nice find Cyan! I've been able to reproduce that with blocks placed in the air, but I haven't been able to do it for blocks that are touching the ground, but I'm sure I haven't tried all the possibilities yet. (I got it, and Clearvision also posted how to work with the ground) It'll open up some new possibilities for drops off the road that usually could not be done with the rammstein edge.

Last edited by Linkin|Alex,
Quad Bike Racer

This would be a nice procedure if the clips didn't reappear when reloading the map :-w :p
Moped Racer

Voyager006 says:
This would be a nice procedure if the clips didn't reappear when reloading the map :-w :p

True, they return each time you revisit the editor, but if you remove the edges at the same time you validate the track, they are removed permanently from there.
Last edited by Linkin|Alex,
Quad Bike Racer

Okay, didn't know that! Pretty cool (l)
Moped Racer

Wow this looks sick!! :p
Learner Driver

Very cool, thanks for sharing.
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem