Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Music lovers? Where are you? 
Music lovers? Where are you?
Page: 1 of 27
Post Reply  0 Observer
Music lovers? Where are you?  
Here I like to continue the old TMXU-thread. A place to talk about music.

I start with a little gift:
Could be a song about TM-Players (somebody who's searching for a good Dopamin-shower): Dopaminjunkie.
If your one of those music-racists who think the quality of the music has something to do with the language the vocals are written in, just GFY (or come up with some good arguments, this would be the place!).

The next song is about 15 years old (and not thaaaat good), but it might be the only one featuring a video-racing-game played live:
The Departure (btw: Kafka-Fans should listen carefully).

Hans Holo
:d
Last edited by Hans Holo,
Beetle Racer

After having seen the Sex Pistol's lead singer pouring some beer through his wrinkly ass, I really thought Punk is dead.
But this band seems to have the right spirit:
The Baboon Show - You've got a problem without knowing it
:p
Last edited by Hans Holo,
Beetle Racer

I love listening to music (l)

I like all genres from techno to rock, classic to reggae and heavy metal to drum'n'bass. Only the music I see in TV (rap & party music with some "nigga f*ck yo yo partyyy drinks yeah" vocals are bad imo. In generally I listen everything that is made for a nice song, not for a try to get money and fame.

My favorite artists are Pendulum, Viikate, Tiësto, Amorphis, Deadmau5, Nightwish, Kitsune²... soo many ^^ If someone wants to know what am I talking about check my [url="http://open.spotify.com/user/wormfinland/playlist/4VVYEJ4fhXoyQSg0jg8gGV"]my Spotify playlist[/url].

And btw if you think what is Kitsune², check this. If you don't like it you must be a... well, not my type :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOFSdv6js30
Beetle Racer

I love listening to music. Especially classical music, jazz, video game music ^^ and electronica.
Justice <3
Deadmau5 <3
Dvoràk <3
Justice again <3 because noise they make is SO GUUUUD!!!

EDIT:
Disliking:
- Ke$hit
- Rihanna
- Most rap artists
- Dubstep
- Justin Bieber
- Rebecca Black
- Metal
- Death Metal
- Schlager
Last edited by metoxys,
Beetle Racer

The first bands I started calling my favourites were bands like Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse and Muse, I still listen to those bands often but I mostly listen to older artists like The Beatles, David Bowie and Electric Light Orchestra but mainly prog rock bands like Yes, Genesis and Pink Floyd.
Last edited by PangoLynne,
wot

When browsing my music collection, you'll start from metalcore (Atreyu) and indrusitial metal (Static-X), then you'll see some punk (Rise Against, Zebrahead), then some alternative rock (Saosin, Madina Lake) and metal (Pulse Ultra). After those bands you'll get to the other part of collection: drum 'n' bass (Noisia, some Pendulum) and electronica (Deadmau5, Innerpartysystem). Also there is a third part - room for single songs that I have of many other artists - Friendly Fires, Fighstar, The Offspring, Queens of the Stone Age and maaany more (614 files total;39 hours).

Some recommendations by genres:
Atreyu - Storm To Pass
Atreyu - Honor
Atreyu - Two Become One
Atreyu - Creature

Rise Against - Kotov Syndrome
Rise Against - Make It Stop
Rise Against - Drones
Rise Against - Entertaiment
Rise Against - Hairline Fracture
Zebrahead - Lobotomy For Dummies
Zebrahead - Enemy
Zebrahead - The Walking Death
Zebrahead - Karma Flavored Whisky

Static-X - The Only
Static-X - Shadow Zone
Static-X - Invincible
Static-X - Chemical Logic

Saosin - Deep Down
Saosin - Come Close
Saosin - Collapse
Madina Lake - Never Walk Alone
Madina Lake - Not For This World
Madina Lake - Criminals

The only EP of Pulse Ultra - Headspace

The only EP of Noisia - Split The Atom

I could post more and more links, but because of character limit and propably fact that you won't be interested much in those links, I'd better stop with those ones :p
G-kart Racer

my favorite bands:

Die Ärzte very experimental and sometimes really nonsense punk rock from Germany
Between the Buried and Me very heave metal with crazy breaks and very complex song structures
Billy Talent pretty classic band, really awesome alternative rock with really distinctive lead singer
The Black Pacific fast punk with Jim Lindberg, the old Pennywise voice
Black Veil Brides metalcore with great melodies and and an awesome main singer
The Blackout post-hardcore with some screams, good melodies and fast songs
Blink 182 really cool skate-punk band with some more variation in their newer songs
The Bosshoss country rock band from Germany, sounds damn american and is really awesome
Bring me the Horizon 99% screamed, newer stuff is really cool
Bullet for my Valentine pretty famous metalcore, with amazing melodies
Dead by Sunrise really cool band, with Chester Bennington
Evarose 100% girls, sounds like Guano Apes
Falling in Reverse with Ronnie Radke, Post-Hardcore and really creative
Farin Urlaub like Die Ärzte, he's their lead singer
Green Day one of my punk gods, I think yu should know them, and not just 21 Guns
Guns'n Roses I think everyone likes them. At least a bit
Hoobastank really cool alternative Rock, maybe you know "The Reason" or "Crawling in the Dark"
Hypnogaja melodic metal from America, pretty depressed feeling in most of their songs, but really good melodies
Inhuman alternative rock from Germany, really unknow, but sooooo awesome
Iron Maiden really cool melodies and breaks, pretty classic band
Die Lettanten German YouTube band by Rahmschnitzel, he got famous with his Minecraft Kohle Metal Song
LinkinPark just the old stuff, the new stuff sucks like hell
Lostprophets many different styles, from scream to british pop rock, so much variation. Really awesome
Nirvana just classic
The Offspring great punk band with some damn funny songs
Papa Roach Really cool alternative rock band
Pennywise really fast punk, if you listen first, most sounds the same, but after you listen more often it's cool
Pezz that's pre-Billy Talent, style is a bit more crazy^^
Red Hot Chili Peppers really cool rock band, some really cool melodies, not heavy, but really cool
Rise Against my other punk gods. epic lyrics, rythms ad melodies
Riverboat Gamblers really fast Texan punk, on their last album they got a bit alternative rock
Scorpions also classic, and always cool
Skindred Metal + Reggea + Hip Hop + Punk = WTF or if you make it right Skindred.
Story of the Year like Lostprophets, less Pop and more heavy
Sum 41 cool Punk band, although they are getting more and more alternative rock, but that's also cool
System of a Down they have an own genre. Sound really strange at first, but its amazing
Die Toten Hosen classic german punk band
Veara very new band, very unknown. Some cool melodies
Volbeat Metal + Country, they are really awesome
Last edited by Nim,
Beetle Racer

I could as well put up some bands. In no specific order.

Mats/Morgan Band - It's amazing. Fusion jazz, and you can't find something like this anywhere else. It's just mindblowing stuff, though it's really complex and even avant-gardeish at times, so everyone might not like it. I haven't met too many who think their music is bad though :p This is one of my favorites from them: If I only had a clavinet

Halcyon - Well, people who watched the thread in TMUFX probably now that I'm totally crazy about this band. :p They are a progressive fusion metal band. Their music... it is inspirational, technical, beautiful, creative... all in all pretty much perfection. And I don't say this often about music. I really love them and plan to do some guitar covers of them. Check Noodle 3 out, it's excellent.

Amogh Symphony - Another amazing progressive metal project. It's lead by Vishal J. Singh, and he does everything himself - from turntables to flutes, and from drums programming to guitars. And damn. He's an amazing guitarist. I never heard anyone play with such passion. And his riffs are just mindblowing. He is a god. Check this out: Osiris 1

Animals As Leaders - Yet another progressive metal band =p Tosin Abasi is also a god, the way he uses the 8-string guitar is phenomenal. AAL is a must-listen if you are into progressive metal, trust me - you need to listen to a song for a few times before you fall in love with it, but it's seriously worth it. Song of Solomon

The Faceless - It's hard to describe. I guess it's technical death metal in the end, but despite of their early In Flames -influences, The Faceless has found a totally unique sound. I loved their album "Planetary Duality" - it's really diverse and the riffs are always awesome. I had a blast training this one with the guitar: Xenochrist

Soilwork - I've loved them since I was something like... 14. And they only keep getting better; the new album is pure epicness! The vocals sound awesome, guitar work is impressive. The best part though... the drums. Dirk Verbeuren is my all-time favorite drummer. He's just so tight and groovy. Doesn't lack speed either. If you've listened to Aborted, Sybreed, Devin Townsend's newest album, Scarve you have also listened to his drumming. Just to name a few bands. Late For The Kill, Early For The Slaughter is awesome.

Scarve - Another project where Dirk is involved. It's technical death metal or something. It has quite a unique sound as well. Beautiful music by talented musicians - I really like them. Mirthless Perspectives

Keep Of Kalessin - Symphonic black metal. Inspirational stuff. The members of the band are amazingly talented. Vyl is a beast on the drums (his stamina is unbelievable), Thebon's vocals sound amazing, Wizziac can really handle the bass and Obsidian C. is the tightest rythm guitarist I've ever heard. Armada is some 2005 material from them. Epic.

I'll continue the list later...
Back in action!

I hate these threads since noone ever likes the music I like xD

Anyway, some of my favourites are
The Clash
Wire
Iron Maiden
Guns N Roses
Gluecifer
Social Distortion
Dropkick Murphys
Stiff Little Fingers
Joe Satriani
Billy Talent
Flogging Molly
And some more different bands.. mostly all kinds of punk I guess.
· · · – – – · · ·

Thanks Tuta for reminding me of Guns N Roses
Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 27 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem