SlowMotion in intro
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
SlowMotion in intro  
Hey

I've got problems with the MT:

I want to have some slowmotion and some parts where the screen freezes in my intro.

Can someone tell me how to?

Fredajr
Beetle Racer

Hiho,

Maybe you could explain it a little bit more what excactly you
want. I'm not the pro with the editor but I use a simple way ..
learning by doing. :d

Have a look at my intro. Close behind the car does a barrelroll
and the "presents"line reached the lower left corner, the picture
freezes.
If you want this effect, I've used "FX: CameraMix" with it's default
settings for the whole block. Set the block where you want the
freezed picture.
The lenghth of the block sets the time of the
freezed picture.

As you can see, I've added a new camera and the transition into the
next cam is coming naturally.
If you want the freezed picture is shown longer - leave a little gap
between the first and the second cam.

I know it's quite a short scene.

I hope I could help. :d

Greetz
Slow
Last edited by |[X-v]|Slow,
Speeeed

Another way to freeze a frame is to use the "time" track. Add it where you want to freeze the car at, set the first time to wherever that is, and set the second time to the same as the first (or slightly after if you want slow motion). So if you want the car to freeze for 3 seconds at 15 seconds into the intro, you would need a "time" track with a "time-value" of 15.00 at the start and a "time-value" of 15.00 seconds at the end (which would actually be at 18 seconds). If you want slow motion, you could set the second one to something like 15.50 or 16.00. The only problem with doing this is that when the "time" block stops, the car will jump from 15 seconds (in this example) to 18 seconds (or whatever the real time is) instantly.

Hope this helps!

If this is confusing I will post pictures sometime tomorrow :)
Last edited by Zack11,
Moped Racer

Thanks for this 2nd method.
I'll gonna play around with it too :d

Maybe I can find the solution how
airneko did this awesome cam-cuts
where the car is running in the same
angular and the underground/location
is changing. I'm talking about his
NeverminD 2.0 intro. (y)
I could ask but ais ... learning by doing. ;)
Speeeed

I'm glad I could help :) Using "Time" to slow things down is much better than using "Timespeed" because it shows up in renders (and Timespeed doesn't) (y)

I could explain what airneko did, but it would take a long time, I would need to use pictures, and I think part of the fun is in not knowing how he did it :) It's kind of like a magic trick, it's more fun to just watch (y) But if you really want to know, I could tell you how to do it tomorrow when I have time to take some pictures ;)
Last edited by Zack11,
Moped Racer

Hmm .... HMMMMMM ;)
Well, actually I have no idea how "nekos" cam works and I didn't spend any time in the editor
to play around with. Maybe its exactly the trick with "time" but in addition you copy the cam settings
from a previous cam into the controlpoint from the next camera ?
Thats my first idea because you've said the car "jumps" to the next point.
Maybe that's the trick ?! Maybe there is only a timecorrection from the controlpoint needed ?!

Yet, I have really no other idea how it could work.
so ... YES - it would be nice to get a little advice from you.

Greetz
Slow
Speeeed
Instant Scenery Change Tutorial  
Click on the Pictures to make them full size :)

Step 1: Add/record a ghost. Watch the ghost and find 2 places that you like (Location 1 and Location 2). Remember the times that these locations are at (write them down if you need to).

Step 2 - Adding the Time track: Add a "Time" track, set the "Block End" to half the length of your scene that you want (I want a 3 second scene, so I set it to 1.50), and put the time of Location 1 in for your "Time Value" (For this example, I want the scene to start with the car at 13.5 seconds into the track).

Step 3 - Setting the Time track end: Change the second time value by adding the length of the "Time" track to the first value. My time track is 1.5 seconds long, and my first value is 13.5, so the second value should be 1.5 + 13.5 = 15.

Step 4 - Copying/Pasting the Time track: Click on the square at the end of the "Time" track:
Next, click on the grey between the squares (not on the squares). The red line will stay at the end of the "Time" track, but the square will turn yellow, not white.
Finally, press Ctrl + c, then Ctrl + v. This copies and then pastes the track. Now you have 2 copies of the same "Time" track, 1 after another.

Step 5 - Setting the 2nd Time track values: Click on the first square for the 2nd "Time" track, and set it to the time for Location 2 (I want the car to be 20 seconds into the track for the second part of the scene).
Then, click on the second square for the 2nd "Time" track. Add the length of the "Time" track to the first value again (20 + 1.5 = 21.5 for this example).

Step 6 - Adding a camera: Add a "Camera Custom" track. Set the "Block End" so that it ends with your 2 "Time" tracks (mine ends at 3 seconds). Click the arrows so that the "Anchor" is set onto your ghost, and make sure AnchorRot is turned on (it will be turned off by default).

Step 7 - Setting the camera angles: Click on the beginning of the "Camera Custom" track and put it where you want. (For this example, I want the camera to go from the left side of the car, to the right side).

You're done :done: The camera will follow the car smoothly, but the scenery will totally change in the middle of the "Camera Custom" track (y)

I hope this helps! :d

Thanks,
Zack11
Last edited by Zack11,
Moped Racer

WHOOOOOUW, (y)

but ... HEY, I've asked for a LITTLE advice and not for a whole How2^^
The magic is gone ... instantly. :@ :@

Lol, noo *jk*
very,very nice work, dude^^ (l)
and so useful with all this pictures !

Thank you SO much. I'll try to use it in my next intro but at first
I need an idea for a new map. Hehe

This should be added into a new, sticky topic.

haenry ? What do you think ?
Of course ?! :done: :d

Greetz
Slow
Last edited by |[X-v]|Slow,
Speeeed

Oh definitely. Good tutorial!
But I would like it more if the tutorial was in the first post of a topic. So please make a new topic for the tutorial, Zack11. I will then go forward and stick it :d
gado is a
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem