Location: Home  Community Forums  Help  Help to add objects when I upload my track. 
Help to add objects when I upload my track.
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Help to add objects when I upload my track.  
Hello MX, I am addressing you. I have a problem to add objects when I upload my track, it is not displayed. Still I'm activate it takes, but nothing to do, it still does not. What to do ?
Learner Driver

Do you have problems embedding custom objects in your map?

Try this:
http://tm.mania-exchange.com/threads/2684/tutorial-how-to-embed-objects?page=-1
gado is a

I followed your link but no results.

But I have a message when saving the track. This message speaks of the integrated size that must be lower than 307.2 KB. What to do ?
Learner Driver

Then you have too many objects in your map.
Nadeo added a size limit for objects that can be saved inside the mapfile. You need to reduce the custom objects until they are smaller than 307.5KB. It is annoying, but there's not other possibility sadly :(
gado is a

Okay, but how does that Mr.DVD could open my track, for betatesting ?
Learner Driver

You must have had less custom objects in your map back then, I assume. ;)
gado is a

KimoOouille says:
Okay, but how does that Mr.DVD could open my track, for betatesting ?

Maybe MR.DVD has the same objects in his hard drive locally?
maybe that is why he can open it.

Quad Bike Racer

As far as I know it does not work this way, pfm. Even if you have the same objects, you cannot open the map iirc. :s
gado is a

It does work that way. It'll first search for the object the map needs in the embedded set of items (so every server and every player will have those objects), then in the associated titlepack files (if the object exists there, every server and player will have them all too), then in the Userdata folder (unreliable).

So if the players have all required objects in the Userdata folder, the map will load anyway (although the geometry may differ from what's intended, since it just checks the filename!).
Segmentation fault

So, all is lost. Y have to start the track, with fewer objects ?
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem