Location: Home  Community Forums  Announcements  Trackmania Turbo Announced 
Trackmania Turbo Announced
Page: 9 of 12
Post Reply  0 Observer

Are you seriously comparing a DS game to a console/PC game? TMT will NEVER be even close to that DS version. Also, TM Turbo on DS did actually have an editor. Else the title "Build to Race" wouldn't make much sense, would it?
Quad Bike Racer

Not same at all.
Beetle Racer

can we all just go back to TMO
Moped Racer

irondragons says:
can we all just go back to TMO

:d =p
Moped Racer

Like several others here, I wish they would stick to their model and release TMTurbo as another standalone environment on Maniaplanet instead of as an entirely standalone game (that's what they plan, right? Or did I misunderstand something?). If Maniaplanet is counterintuitive and difficult to learn for all those new players they want to catch the eye of, that's the issue they should be looking into instead of side-stepping it and pretending it doesn't exist and let their ageing community split up again and dwindle further.

Another thing that frustrates me is how they've stated that the environment programming, complete with new vehicle physics and novelties such as magnetic roads, has been done entirely through ManiaScript - and yet we're restricted to program websites, cameras, plugins and (at best) new game modes like endurance? I've had the idea of driving in the roof by driving on designated road blocks for YEARS but haven't had the ability to follow up on it due to the restrictions.

To be able to do advanced and accurate new gameplay and MT is so extraordinarily ripe with potential. If they'd release such potential to this extraordinarily creative community, new fan-created concepts, environments and experiences would surely bloom quicker than Nadeo could work on their own and the community would regain that flair of nigh limitless exploration. Then they could shift their focus to maintenance and introducing more people to the franchise.
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

Try understand; TM Turbo is arcade version console-style casual game of TM with 4 environments. ManiaPlanet is the central of Shootmania & TrackMania 2, and TM2 includes atm 3 environments (4th one, Lagoon, comes early next year). ManiaPlanet is the developing game, to be updated, to be the competitive TM, to be the one hardcore customization.

It's true that the way to have both on PC but nevertheless the point of them is different.
Last edited by wormi,
Beetle Racer

So Lagoon IS going to arrive as a separate environment anyway. Thanks for clearing that up, wormi! That puts my mind to rest, since then TMTurbo basically a package deal for all (current) TM2 environments in a way that's easier to grasp for newcomers. A much wiser choice than my previous misunderstanding. I like the look of Lagoon and with those news I can turn to wholly being excited about the new environment :)

It will be interesting to see how they deal with it "the other way around", though: newcomers who really enjoy TMTurbo and want to move on to Maniaplanet - will they have to pay full price for environments they technically already own, just for the Maniaplanet interface and customization?
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

broadsword says:
It will be interesting to see how they deal with it "the other way around", though: newcomers who really enjoy TMTurbo and want to move on to Maniaplanet - will they have to pay full price for environments they technically already own, just for the Maniaplanet interface and customization?

it was mentioned by Hylis somewhere that such people might get one environment for free, or smth like that; they haven't decided yet.
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
broadsword says:

it was mentioned by Hylis somewhere that such people might get one environment for free, or smth like that; they haven't decided yet.
If, as wormi has already said, TMTurbo is simply the bundling of all current TM2 environments (plus the upcoming Lagoon), why not enable TMTurbo users to 'migrate' their ownership over to ManiaPlanet by registering the game to their ManiaPlanet account (serial key, linking accounts, etc.), allowing them to play all the environments they currently enjoy in TMTurbo in ManiaPlanet? That way, people won't have to re-buy most, if not all, of the Trackmania environments they already have in TMTurbo - which would definitely cause confusion and disappointment.
Old Age Caravanner

Expack says:
Space says:
broadsword says:

If, as wormi has already said, TMTurbo is simply the bundling of all current TM2 environments (plus the upcoming Lagoon), why not enable TMTurbo users to 'migrate' their ownership over to ManiaPlanet by registering the game to their ManiaPlanet account (serial key, linking accounts, etc.), allowing them to play all the environments they currently enjoy in TMTurbo in ManiaPlanet? That way, people won't have to re-buy most, if not all, of the Trackmania environments they already have in TMTurbo - which would definitely cause confusion and disappointment.

Financial reasons, of course.
Segmentation fault
Page: 9 of 12 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem