Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  The Crew sign up for beta 
The Crew sign up for beta
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
The Crew sign up for beta  
Hello everyone

Nice link here you's to sign up for Beta testing on the new game coming out later this year.
Beta testing is open for

PC
XBOX ONE
PS4

http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-US/beta/index.aspx
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Too much for my PC :p
MX Supporter

I bought (preordered) the game on steam and had the chance to play the BETA for the week it was out (way too short of a time frame). I thought the game was fun and was surprised on how huge the map is. The game reminded me of Test Drive Unlimited 2. There were some bugs (to be expected for a BETA) which hopefully will be fixed when it is released.

Good Things About the Game:
First of all, the game looks really nice and it runs great on my computer. There are a large variety of challenges to complete and car parts to find scattered around the map. I like how your GPS works. It makes a line above you that you follow to your destination. The missions are fun and pretty tough. I like the customization options for your car and the perks you can unlock when you level up. I thought it was cool to change your vehicle's type (street, offroad, etc), which also changes how the vehicle looks. The map is huge and there are a variety of different terrains to explore. You can play solo, or with others and if you are doing a mission with other players, the person who does the best wins more money. Also, you get a gold, silver, or bronze medal based on your performance, not by the overall group who did the mission with you, which is good, because if one, or more of your crew did bad in a mission, your score won't be affected.

Issues About the Game:
A couple of downfalls I saw were that some of the landmarks were kind of inaccurate, such as the Mackinac bridge having three towers instead of 2 and Niagara Falls looking like a generic waterfall. Also, you couldn't type messages to other players in your party (crew). I was a little disappointed that for a multiplayer focus game, everybody plays as the same person, but I guess the story wouldn't work so well if everyone got to create their own character.

I was sad that they didn't have the road going Canada where I live. That spot on the map was just a forest. :'(

Anyways, if you played Test Drive Unlimited 2 and enjoyed it, you will probably enjoy this game. I am looking forward to its release.
Last edited by wrathwell,
Learner Driver

thx for the feed back wrathwell. yes i liked TD2 even with the multi player bugs
now bored with FH2 on xbox one, sadly crew not out till christmas now, but the game i am buzzing about is Project Cars
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem