Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  budget PC build 
budget PC build
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
budget PC build  
hello everyone

first off thx for the help on my other post for a good gaming PC, well my second PC is now starting to get long in the tooth and its time to replace it...
so i would like to buy half good gaming and work PC more to gaming but my budget
is on the low side for it this time around as its a spare pc

edited scrapped them links, due to them pc's not good enough, by people here, i do like to read what others say !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i could go down the line of a project, as i have top end Gamers PSU/GTX 460 SC/2TB HD/ if i was to go that way..
any help would be great..
Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Refurbished PCs usually aren't the best idea, tbh.

You could build your own with all the bits that suit you for around £500, especially since you already seem to have some of the bits for one.
Last edited by irondragons,
Moped Racer

I've only had bad experiences buying a pre-built computer. Highly recommend building your own.
Lagoon yay!

Do it yourself! :build:

If you have trouble finding compatible pieces, try this site:
http://www.alternate.co.uk/html/configurator/builder/pc/page.html

Then you can still order the single pieces on another website :p
Last edited by erikfzr,
MX Supporter

i am not really up on the i7 4770k or the i7 4770s whats going on there guys

i have good psu/good 2tb hd/big gamers case/twin 460gtx sc graphic cards

so looking for canny cpu/mother board/memory/
and maybe, but only if i have to new windows as i am still on vista64

is it worth getting an i5 not wanting top end gaming, only very good tm ! best i can get for £500
best wishes wraith
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

If you're on a tight budget go for a Phenom II X3 or X4... if you can pick up a Black Edition of either you can always overclock and get a little more performance.

Otherwise, go for an i5, you won't see much difference between that and an i7. I have a i5-4670, it runs anything I throw at it easy, highly recommend it myself (y) (I can run TM2, GRID 2, DiRT 3, DiRT Showdown etc max settings 60fps, pared with a R9 280X).

Last edited by danodude,
Learner Driver

I agree, you can easily go for an i5 instead of an i7. You only need an i7, if you have virtualization issues and need all cores, for games a 'normal' quadcore is more than sufficient.

My suggestion: take a i5-3570K

As for the motherboard, if you check this site, just start by choosing the processor and then you can see all compatible motherboards. Personally, I'd go for something by ASUS, GIGABYTE or MSI, just take care of having enough S-ATA slots etc.

You mentioned 'good' hard drive. Imho, no 2TB hard drive will be good for gaming (unless it's some sort of multi-RAID.
If you want to speed up your system you could/should think of buying a SSD.
Last edited by erikfzr,
MX Supporter

You don't seem like the type necessarily, but to anyone who's really unsure there's a whole subreddit at /r/buildapcforme wherein users supply people with rather credible parts lists for hypothetical builds.
Moped Racer
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem