Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Rolling Start!! 
Rolling Start!!
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Rolling Start!!  
Hey folks,

Since everybody's a racing game lover here, I thought you might be interested in checking out the community we have going on at Rolling Start!! I'm sure everybody can recognize where the name comes from...

We're aiming to make the site sort of a central hub for all fans of racing games, where online events can be organised, time attack records can be exchanged, and of course the games talked about and scrutinized. We've had a good turnout for many events and we've got a bunch of time attack threads going on (I've been playing a lot of Battle Gear 3 myself lately). Also recently we started building a Racing Game Database which will hopefully help in discovering more racing titles to your liking. It's still in the process of getting games added to it, but you should be able to see how it's going to work.

The forum layout isn't fixed in stone, so if people have a lot to say about some game or whole series, a new subforum for it alone can be created, to help keep things organized. Trackmania does already have its own section.

And if you're not interested, that's fine as well. :) But I would like to know what I can do to make the site more appealing, since you are types of gamers I hope to see frequenting it.

Best regards,
Ghegs
Last edited by Ghegs,
Learner Driver

Looks cool. Can't think of any complaints really, but I think Gran Turismo should definitely have its own section if NFS/Burnout does. I know it's a racing sim but maaaan

Maybe having subforums within each forum for specific games (like GT in sim racing?)

Of course, you really need an active community if you want to kickstart it. There's about a million things you can do to do that. Maybe flesh out the news section and/or allow users to create blogs (like on destructoid). Stuff like that.

Anyway, good luck with it.
Moped Racer

irondragons says:
I think Gran Turismo should definitely have its own section if NFS/Burnout does. I know it's a racing sim but maaaan

Maybe having subforums within each forum for specific games (like GT in sim racing?)

Yeah, if there's an influx of GT discussion then that will happen, absolutely. I'd just prefer not to have a gazillion subforums with 0-2 posts, but rather expand when it's needed.

irondragons says:
Of course, you really need an active community if you want to kickstart it.

That's the big Catch-22, yeah. People are reluctant to join and post when the forums aren't very active yet, and they're not very active yet because people are reluctant join and post.

Thanks for the comments, appreciate it. The blog thing is something to consider.
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem