Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Best Of The week Videos 
Best Of The week Videos
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Best Of The week Videos  
Hi all,

I realize that making 2 videos per week is a lot of work for the MX crew.
I'm currently working on an automated script to make that process easier.

Also I would like to make a suggestion that there should only be one video per week to make the workload smaller.
My suggestion is:
Making one video on Friday night with the top 10 to 20 tracks of the past week that way players can checkout the video and play the tracks they like on over the weekend. I would leave the number of tracks to include open to debate.
I think 15 best tracks would be ideal.
Quad Bike Racer

They already use a script to film the replays . . . no?
Last edited by Cxom,
Moped Racer

I'm the one currently making the videos. Eyebo did too, but then he left for various reasons.
I dont think it's too much work to create the videos twice a week. It only takes a couple of hours from start to finish, where a lot of that time is spent watching different TV-Shows while its rendering 8-|

As for making a video once a week with lots of tracks contra making two videos, I'm not really sure.
Me and eyebo discussed this before we started on this project, and because of rapid changes in the BOTW between Monday and Monday, we decided that two videos would work. One on Tuesdays and one on Fridays. That way we get most of the tracks that entered the BOTW.

As for the script, I look forward to trying out your script pfm, which would make fetching map-info (track-name, mapper, record, driver, mx ID, URL) automated.

To cxom: The only script I use atm is a batch render script that renders the selected replays out from TM.
Code:
Maniaplanet.exe /login=LOGIN /shootvideo=REPLAY1.Replay.Gbx;REPLAY2.Replay.Gbx;REPLAY3.Replay.Gbx;
etc.

A note to our subscribers: In the beginning of 2014 we might start yet another 'project', with lots of more, different, videos.
Last edited by chuckie,
Does it djent?
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem