Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  PC Memory 
PC Memory
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
PC Memory  
hello everyone

got some memory troubles, but right now this time of year is huge trouble for money !

i have in pc right working only 2gb running vista 64 as the memory crashed this week
i can get some Corsair DDR2 Dual Channel 1066Mhz 8GB secondhand around £80
or some around the same spec but only 800mhz "brand new" around £100
what i am asking would the 800mhz be good with TM2
PLEASE GIVE FEED BACK
can not afford a upgrade just yet to a newer PC

right now i only use pc for trackmania 2 and photoshop
as i have xbox 360 and a xbox one in 2014 ! game on
unless anyone can find me some links to Corsair DDR2 Dual Channel 1066Mhz 8GB
i have 4 slots free to add 4 sticks ! please remember my money troubles

best wishes wraith
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

I have no idea if the 800mhz is enough...
but I'd say buy something better (add: for your pc) and not the Xbox One :d
Last edited by .zapph',
Quad Bike Racer

DDR2. Seriously. In 2013. I'm an XBox fan and I'll get the X1 when I can, but right now, Scrap the X1 and update the PC because ya specs is *** (extremely outdated).
Last edited by doben,
The Green Dude

i am not working very little money coming in, too many bills to pay..
there no way i can start over again buying new pc set up, cost's 100s
also right on christmas bad time of year
since i am not buying the xbox one, that matter is out of my control !
yes its 2013 and have you seen the cost of living..some people would think
spending over 100 pound memory is crazy....

People who think its easy just to upgrade to the best, as got to much money/
working, or living from someone's pocket, but sorry this is not me....like i said above

well i have not told you my pc specs, only the memory lets it down right now...
and thats only because i have lost 2 sticks of memory, my pc runs all new games !
Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

wraith says:
hello everyone

got some memory troubles, but right now this time of year is huge trouble for money !

i have in pc right working only 2gb running vista 64 as the memory crashed this week
i can get some Corsair DDR2 Dual Channel 1066Mhz 8GB secondhand around £80
or some around the same spec but only 800mhz "brand new" around £100
what i am asking would the 800mhz be good with TM2
PLEASE GIVE FEED BACK
can not afford a upgrade just yet to a newer PC

right now i only use pc for trackmania 2 and photoshop
as i have xbox 360 and a xbox one in 2014 ! game on
unless anyone can find me some links to Corsair DDR2 Dual Channel 1066Mhz 8GB
i have 4 slots free to add 4 sticks ! please remember my money troubles

best wishes wraith

Ok, first off, if you have DDR2 RAM and Vista 64 your PC is about 5 years old. So no. You don't have a beast machine. Your PC will not run "the newest games", as they factually only run on 7 and above.

Moving along, you did say that you were grabbing the X1. In 2k14, but you're grabbing it, and in the near future, so once again, no.

And then you are saying that it's easy when you have money? You also have no idea about our situation, and I have 6€ to my name and 20 in my pocket, AND THAT'S IT. I am living with my parent's money, but it's not like I'm living large either - in fact, we have around nothing in the bank account as I write these lines. But if something breaks and is not to be fixed, the best solution is not getting the same, but getting a newer one. Because chances are, the same will break down pretty soon, if it's not used anyways. And being used is just begging for it to break down.

You wanted an opinion, we told you to take the 500€ you have allocated for the future X1 and grab a new machine. I don't see it as an absurd advice.

Also, DDR2 is not an option right now, because the same size you're talking about in DDR3 is about 60€, which is about 50 pounds. Think about the advice of upgrading before busting into rage mode because, to be fair, you don't know money problems if you're grabbing an X1 next year or you can allocate 100 euros to a RAM block.

If you want, I'll send you a good machine build under 600€ via PM (ask for it). Until then, best regards
The Green Dude

can not put ddr3 in a machine that takes ddr2 buddy, i am not buying a x1 someone is buying it for me !
£500 wow thats like winning the lotto !
all i am trying to do is to get by without breaking the bank, sounds like you are in the same boat as all of us
my mrs works all hours, we pay full house rent, run a car, then very little money after bills/ food
its not the case of paying £500 for a new machine with ddr3, simply have not got that kind of money..

and my pc runs the call of duty Ghosts so i am sorry no need for win 7 ! for this new game...

anyway we a fighting over stupid things, with replies, all i wanted to say will 800mhz be ok ? or
better going higher "sorry can not afford new pc build"
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem