Location: Home  Community Forums  General  Paris Games Week 2013 
Paris Games Week 2013
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
Paris Games Week 2013  
Besides ShootMania and TM2 Stadium competitions taking place, there was also a brief segment where they talked to Hylis today.

It was mentioned that TM2 will be free for online play. Alinoa confirmed on the ManiaPlanet forums that it would be all three titles/environments. I don't know more details than that for now.

Hylis interviewed Stef, the organizer of the Planets Millions Cups and they played a brief one minute segment from a video I made a year ago. This was a nice surprise to me as I was watching the livestream!

Hylis also interviewed TMPurification, one of most well known TrackMania video makers, and they played an unreleased video of his that will be his entry for the IMC6 video competition. It was beautiful.

Last but not least, Hylis mentioned something about unlocking the editor and supporting blockmixing.

To read TMarc's translation of the event:
http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?p=193151#p193151

To watch a recording of the event:
http://www.tm-tube.com/video/29081/PGW+2013%3A+10+Years+of+TrackMania

Obviously this isn't everything they're working on. Hylis said on the forums prior to the event that he didn't want to get into too much details, because it was more about inviting new players into TM than it was providing details about upcoming features. I'm sure there will be more news in the coming months. Exciting times for the TM community!
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Hylis says:
The 10 years access will be limited to some servers hosted by Nadeo Live.

facepalm.jpg
Zimmer Racer

i was there. it was awesome :3
G-kart Racer

You were? Wow!

Also, Hylis added some additional info on the MP Forum yesterday. I think that's what Space was referring to.

"Hylis" says:
The 10 years access will be limited to some servers hosted by Nadeo Live.

Then, we should be able to make a demo solos, which are really efficient to bring more people, since it could be less intimidating for many.

Then, the free access for custom titles should be for Maniaplanet 3, later, alongside the mixmaping, the top titles, the generalized quick overlay (see Elite) and other things that are part of the system.

So, there are already three steps ahead to welcome more players. And we have others afters.

By the way, among good additions for TM, there should be evolutions on the scripts capacities for modes, update of the modes for using them and items with start/cp/finish/static lights. These ones should re-inforce the interest of title packs.
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem