nimp's tracks
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
nimp's tracks  
Ladies and Gentlemen, fasten your seat belts!
Wait! If you don't like fullspeed, I strongly recommend you to leave this thread ASAP. (brb)
If you like it (c'mon I know you like it) get ready for the good shit...

My style is still evolving but all maps are around 40-45sec long, fairly SD heavy, got scenery with signage and a Cam3 GPS (always a decent run).
Enough words, let's get into the car!

First attempt with the new editor. Just wanted to try something out and ended up with a whole track. :o
1 or 2 tricky parts, the rest is relatively easy:

Got some decent ideas left I couldn't get to work at my first map. Only solution: more tracks :d
My only one with fully respawnable cps. Bit harder than my first track, with a big surprise (or small hehe):

After 2 maps at medium speedlevel I felt the urge to build an overspeeder.
The tight start sets the pace for the whole track and after the first cp it goes completely nuts. I'd consider this my hardest track up to this point, but it feels so rewarding if you finish a good run:

Well, I wanted to get creative. Like REALLY creative. Time to play around a bit.
First betaversions were so horrible, the betatesters flew off the server, but my brain was beyond the point of no return, so I just HAD to finish this one. In the end I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.
P.S. No I'm not doing drugs!

I got asked to build 2 maps for a cup and I just couldn't say no.

First one was an attempt to build a boostfree speedmap. Sounds weird and ... well it kinda is. The track got some unusual ways to trigger SDs, watch out for them. The speedlevel is a bit lower than my other maps (around 550). Due to the missing boosters it's pretty unforgiving, if you lose speed somewhere it's gone forever.
I'd consider it a success. But it's not my favorite track for sure:

I was speedhungry after the no-boost track. This one is fast, really fast. But still controllable somehow. The skillcap is pretty high and it might take a few runs to see the finish but it's definitely worth it. ;)
I'd consider this my best track up to this point, but that's for you to decide:

Well that's it for now. You got tracks to drive.
I really hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
If yes: I like these shiny golden cups, you know? :d
If no: Let me know how you think I can improve and I'll do my best.

Oh before I forget it:
BIG thanks to all betatesters and mates:
whole rX Team
winter
shaft
rockz
daems
angel
and the others I forgot now (shame on me)

Without you my tracks would probably suck even more.

To be continued.
Last edited by nimp,
Learner Driver

Building time again!
But wait...what is this...I'm not alone this time.
I convinced the man with a heart of ice to build a Duo-Map with me. Winter!
After long, cold and sleepless nights we finally got this finished.
The map is just double-fast, double-flowy, double-smooth and got the double amount of SDs, so what are you waiting for?

Learner Driver

Time to update this thread. ;)

This one is a tryout of the new blocks in Stadium. Pretty easy to finish hard to master.

My latest map! Tried to build a nice scenery and I'm really happy with it. Looks so pretty with high shadows. (l)
I hope you like it as much as i do.

Learner Driver

Map picked for ESL Speed Premiership 7.
Similar style like Seaslide, a bit harder though, so you won't get bored when you drive it for 3 weeks straight. :d

Had a lot of fun building the duo with winter. So we decided to build another one!
Got some hidden, shady parts and light flooded platforms. TM2 lighting can be so pretty. (l)

Learner Driver

Duomap with Droz!
Smooth and easy to finish onlinehunter. Not as many SDs as usual.

Learner Driver

Speedtech double header!

My first techmap ever:

2nd try:

Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem