Location: Home  Community Forums  Screenshot Competitions  [SC] Dreamy Horizon | DL: 26/o5 | Prizes: A bag of cookies..... 
[SC] Dreamy Horizon | DL: 26/o5 | Prizes: A bag of cookies..... showcase o.O
Page: 2 of 3
Locked  0 Observer

I'm not sure who I'm trying to prove wrong or right here, but this discussion made me curious about how good of a screenshot I could make on lowest graphics settings. I turned everything as low as I could in the game configuration.

I took the screenshot at 640x480 ingame, and the only thing I had to turn up was the Antialiasing. You have to use at least 9x AA in order to use motion blur. I guess most PCs should be capable of doing that.

Then a little Photoshop work to try to hide the fact that there are no shadows.

This was the result:

Original size:

Original screenshot out of TM.
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader

Now re-take the angle with full graphics and it will look fantastic (l)
Beetle Racer

First of all, I'm sorry I was sounded way more negative than appropiate. Was in quite a sleep-deprivated state and in a really bad mood yesterday.. But let me defend myself :p

No reVenx, and whom it may please, I consider the angle more important than PS-work when it comes to screenshots. It is the foundation of the image and it is simply impossible to make a great screenshot with a bad angle. Ask any photographer what he thinks is more important, the motive or the editing?

Therefore, I think more people should do their own angles. It's not as impossible as it seems.
In TMU I played for a long time with a really ancient computer, I did screenshots and wallpapers. In full quality. I had 3 or so fps ingame but it didn't really matter. What I did was MY creations. Eventually I got a new computer that could handle TMU at max, what a joy it was.

So came canyon.

Again, my computer felt ancient. I played at absolute lowest settings. I still did screenshots in max settings. It ran better than the old computer and TMU though.

After saving some money I bought a new fancy super-computer last year. It is amazing! I can't say I do better screenshots though.

Not owning the game is a non-issue. It's not like it is expensive. Borrow some money from your grandmother. And if you can't even scrape up 20 euro perhaps you should be doing other things than playing TM.

I love using photoshop and I love the things you can do with it, I've used it myself for years and it has been a real interest to me. So it is not that I don't appreciate PS work, but I don't think it is what should be focused the most on in TM screenshots. The bit about "Anyone can add some contrast and fancy text" was deeply wrong, I admit.

The results can still be as amazing (or more) as a person doing his own angles but no, I dont think you are really a screenshot-maker if you dont actually make screenshots and only rely on the (often amazing) angles posted by others.

On topic..

I think your screen is a bit too red eyebo, would be nice with some natural colours shining through :) It is still good though.

Edit: My submission

Link
Last edited by Tuta,
· · · – – – · · ·

cool angle and editing, but text is too big and destroying the atmosphere...
Zimmer Racer

Actually, it doesn't :) you really have to look at it as an attention-grabbing screen: text should be visible/readable. I like it very much :p It's not meant to be a background space, it's a screen :)
Moped Racer

my try.

Old Age Caravanner

Link broken?
· · · – – – · · ·

Which one ? Mine ?
Old Age Caravanner

yes, yours. make folder public...
Zimmer Racer

EDIT : ok it doesn't work still.

Let me fix it.
Last edited by reVen,
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 2 of 3 Locked
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem