Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  red bull stratos - a man jumping from 36000 m 
red bull stratos - a man jumping from 36000 m
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
red bull stratos - a man jumping from 36000 m  
so you may be interested in this one
live streaming. he's 29000 meters high as i'm writing this.
he's going to jump at 36km and break the sound barrier in free fall.

holy shit.
    md
Quad Bike Racer

I have seen the fall.
Has he reached the sound barrier ?
Beetle Racer

yep, he did. maximum velocity to be announced.
Zimmer Racer

that guy has some guts.
    md
Quad Bike Racer

It's quite remarkable that the world record of longest free fall (from 1960) still stays strong.
I wonder what went through his mind while falling freely for four minutes?
Moped Racer

broadsword says:
It's quite remarkable that the world record of longest free fall (from 1960) still stays strong.
I wonder what went through his mind while falling freely for four minutes?

no "broadsword" this record as just been broken

Austria's Felix Baumgartner earned his place in the history books on Sunday Oct 14 2012 after overcoming concerns with the power for his visor heater that impaired his vision and nearly jeopardized the mission.

Baumgartner reached an estimated speed of 1,342.8 km/h (Mach 1.24) jumping from the stratosphere, which when certified will make him the first man to break the speed of sound in freefall and set several other records* while delivering valuable data for future space exploration.
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

Yes, he broke the record for the fastest freefall, but not the longest.
Does it djent?

He did not break the record of longest freefall from 1960, longest meaning falling time.
Felix fell for 4 minutes and 19 seconds, whilst the record is 4 minutes and 36 seconds.
I presume he fell too fast and had to unfold his parachute much earlier in order to land safely.
Last edited by broadsword,
Moped Racer

broadsword says:
He did not break the record of longest freefall from 1960, longest meaning falling time.
Felix fell for 4 minutes and 19 seconds, whilst the record is 4 minutes and 36 seconds.
I presume he fell too fast and had to unfold his parachute much earlier in order to land safely.

From what I've heard is he chose to unfold it because his visor was fogging up fast.
Quad Bike Racer

broadsword says:

so sorry i was thinking the highest so sorry ^^^^^
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem