Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Space Engies - Minecraft meets Starcraft! - The new sandbox... 
Space Engies - Minecraft meets Starcraft! - The new sandbox game
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Space Engies - Minecraft meets Starcraft! - The new sandbox game  

Hello folks! I'd like to present you a project I am currently working on, a new game called Space Engies, which is a mixture of an open world sandbox game like Minecraft and the RTS genre like Starcraft. Therefore you don't play a character with an inventory who builds up his/her own home in the world, but you control many different units during the game. And this is also the trick of the game:

The typical RTS units like harvesters, observers or fighters aren't provded as-is, but you create them typically sandbox-like in a destined ship designer:

The constructed ships can then be produced in masses like known from RTS games (so you don't need to design the same ship again and again).

Of course you also have the aspect of base building. There aren't complete buildings you put into the world, but so called modules, which fulfill the gameplay aspect of a building (for example you can open the ship designer via the module of a factory), but around that module you can build up your own factory building, like you imagine it. That way you raise up your own space stations, asteroid fields and space sectors.

Space Engies is in an early alpha stage and will soon be turned into an open alpha version, in which you all can participate. Register to the forum, the account used there will also be your game account.

We'd really be glad to have people into the forum already, because we always appreciate propositions and ideas for the game in such an early stage, and also answer your questions or reply to critics. Also you find more (and larger) screenshots and recent updates every now and then. Here's the link again:

http://www.space-engies.net/forum/

We're looking forward seeing you in the game and the discussions on our forums!

Learner Driver

you're insomnia on maniaplanet? hi :3
Zimmer Racer

Yes I am ;) What's the relation to the game though? :p
Learner Driver

sounds interesting.
I'm interested in how it works
gado is a

Looks interesting! :o I'll check it out more a bit later.

Did you know that Notch (creator of Minecraft) is also working on a space-themed game?
http://0x10c.com/
Sports Saloon Racer

Yes I know that, it's a totally different topic and objective though. Nothing with blocks :)
Learner Driver

Looks very interesting indeed! Good luck mate :)
Back in action!

Looks fun! I am looking forward to the open alpha!
Beetle Racer

I'll be honest. It looks kinda complicated.
And usually, I am scared to even try RTS games sometimes, but I can't wait to try this. (seems like an interesting concept)
Will it be free ?
Beetle Racer

For the alpha, yes it will be free. Then it depends on the success. If it's worth, it will probably cost a little bit from the beta (it is still a long long way until then though), to get the latest features and updates. But not more than 10€ for sure. A similar concept like Minecraft used to have.
Last edited by LInsoDeTeh,
Learner Driver
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem