Location: Home  Community Forums  Closed  [N/A] Upload a track 
[N/A] Upload a track
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
[N/A] Upload a track  
Currently, i can't submit a map to MX because the upload always aborts and this is really frustrating if you want to share your newest creation.

I would like to have the possibility to upload a map to a webhoster and then use a direct link to the datafile in the "upload a track" assistant. Can you add the function "upload a track via URL"? Because currently, i can't upload a map, because i get always timed out. For example, when i upload a ~300kb map via FTP, then i need to resume this process 3 times and it takes ~10min, until the map is uploaded.

Hopefully this is the right forum, because it's a mixture between an error and a suggestion.
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer

It's possible but only if the location you're uploading from allows direct downloads( e.g. Dropbox not Rapidshare (waiting periods)).

Your upload speed as as well as the timeout (configured on the server) is the reason why your track always aborts.
Deep fried

Yeah, got an FTP server where i can directly download the map, but i can't enter the URL in the map upload module, that's why i was asking.

And yeah, my internet sucks -_-

Edit: Removed the link again
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer

I wasn't actually planning on uploading it for you. I meant that the possibility of uploading tracks from other sites is (or can be). :p

And the reason the URL didn't work is because the file input is designed for files stored on your computer. ;)
Deep fried

The link was only posted to allow you to check, if this link might be suitable for uploading via URL. But if you really insist in uploading the map for me, i won't stop you :p
Last edited by tcq,
Moped Racer

Ah. If that's the case, then a link like that is definitely suitable.
Deep fried
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem