Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  What are you doing? 
What are you doing?
Page: 2 of 3
Post Reply  0 Observer

I was very bad at high school (just barely passed and granduated) last year nealry failing every subject because I was lazy, didn't care and was very busy playing Semi-Professional Ice Hockey which took up nearly every night of the week. One of these subjects including my computer programming course which was all about doing Pseudocode.. which was absolute crap as I failed abdly. But doing something at school that I'm actually interested in for the first time ever, i'm doing really well which is suprising but when you love what you do and try really hard, you have more chance to succeed :)

Currently at TAFE (Technical and further education, only in Australia), I am studing Website Development. This is learning code such as HTML5, Java, Javascript, C++, CSS etc. It's awesome :cool:
Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
Moped Racer

kamakaze»LT says:
Currently at TAFE (Technical and further education, only in Australia), I am studing Website Development.

Any apprenticeships lined up?

kamakaze»LT says:
This is learning code such as HTML5, Java, Javascript, C++, CSS etc.

You're studying web site development and they're teaching you C++? It's extremely uncommon for C++ to be used as a language for the web. Possible, but not recommended. :p
Deep fried

Forzyy says:
kamakaze»LT says:
Currently at TAFE (Technical and further education, only in Australia), I am studing Website Development.

Any apprenticeships lined up?

kamakaze»LT says:
This is learning code such as HTML5, Java, Javascript, C++, CSS etc.

You're studying web site development and they're teaching you C++? It's extremely uncommon for C++ to be used as a language for the web. Possible, but not recommended. :p

No i dont have anything lined up at
the moment but hopefully i will soon.

Ah sorry, i meant CSS! yeah it didnt sound right for me either o.O
Moped Racer

Januy says:
Lol that's weird.

I mean, it's not an insult or something. But if I had to choose countries in Europe that I would expect the least to get into a war it would be the Scandinavian countries :p

Sometimes I wish it was still mandatory here haha. Would give me an excuse to spend a small year in the army, because I'd love to try.

A bit late but better late than never. Yeah the situation is anti-war nowadays but as our country was between Nazi army and Soviet army for some years (The Second World Wars) many people think that we need some. I don't but the history is the history. I compulsory army is also actually as cheap as one with pro soldiers and the lineup (if we can say so) is bigger. An active army is probably needed due to the fact that Finland is the Eastern border of EU, too. I don't know but without any army anyone could take us ^^
Beetle Racer

Just finishing my 4th of 5 years at my university. I have a degree in engineering, and I'm perusing computer science. I have a job for the summer and beyond at a Defense contractor. I'll be working with distributing intel to the guys who need it overseas, I think. I don't really know. If I did know, I couldn't tell you (really). I start in a few weeks. Pretty stoked for that.

For my last year at school, I have some great classes lined up: operating system design, computer security, artificial intelligence, and an independent study project that may turn into a start-up (also pretty stoked for that). I'm also the webmaster/IT guy for the oldest student-run organization on campus (rebuilding the site this summer), and the lead audio producer for our mobile application development club.

Get involved. Do the work. You never know where great opportunities are hiding! (y)
Sports Saloon Racer

I'm a jobless. I have no hope for getting a job on the next 10 years at least. I studied computer systems and web design and then I discovered that I have no patience for that :p Sometimes I do computer support at home (=format&install XD) and I have various music projects, mostly crazy, in attempt to survive.
G-kart Racer

Disturbio, as Village People said, Go West.

As of me, I'm currently studying Computer Science @ Universidad de Cantabria, gonna specialize in Software Engineering, maybe major in Videogame Design. Then leave Spain in the rearview mirror (because with this guy we have in charge, the less time I spend in Spain the better).
The Green Dude

disturbio says:
I'm a jobless. I have no hope for getting a job on the next 10 years at least. I studied computer systems and web design and then I discovered that I have no patience for that :p Sometimes I do computer support at home (=format&install XD) and I have various music projects, mostly crazy, in attempt to survive.

Just be a male prostitute, that's good money ;)

But seriously, I do hope you find something soon mate. All the best in the search and hopefully you end up doing something you love and succeeding.
Last edited by FT»kamakaze,
Moped Racer

So many Software Engineers/Computer Science people. I am on my way to college in the fall to study Aeronautical Engineering. Gonna design Planes and Spacecraft. Sometimes I almost want to major in Theoretical Physics and Math, but I realized that in doing that I would probably be in school forever... =p
Last edited by banjee»UD,
Beetle Racer

Banjee says:
So many Software Engineers/Computer Science people.

I was thinking the same thing.

Banjee says:
I am on my way to college in the fall to study Aeronautical Engineering. Gonna design Planes and Spacecraft. Sometimes I almost want to major in Theoretical Physics and Math, but I realized that in doing that I would probably be in school forever... =p

That was something I wasn't expecting to hear. Sounds fun Aeronautical Engineering. I think it's interesting but to much physics for me. :p
Last edited by Sticky,
Feels gooood!
Page: 2 of 3 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem