Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  hard drive problem 
hard drive problem
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
hard drive problem  
hey
well this (for me atleast) seams a kinda werid problem but here we go

one day started up my computer and nothing, got to the windows logo loading screen (windows 7) and BSOD, i couldnt get into safe mode or anything, put it into another computer and it came up saying it has to be formatted first.

but there was alot on there (alot that i didnt want to lose) so i tried a few things to get data off of it. first i tried "Test-Disk, 6.11" to see if there was any partition table errors, but this failed. so i then tried "TestDisk & Photorec" and it found...everything, it took around 36 hours but it got there, but at around 35 hours the auto play window came up, and the recovery started to get alot faster, and i was able to access the hard drive fine, everything was there, nothing was wrong with it at all. so i thaught ill put it back in my laptop, see if it works, it didnt, same error so i put it back into other computer and back to stage one, it wont read it at all, says it need to be foratted, but if it saw it there, even for a while, what might the problem be?

now it was a orginal HDD installed on a acer laptop and it has 2 partitons, a large one (main) and a small 150MB or so one (SYSTEM RESERVED) and the smaller one i can always access no problem, the hard drive doesnt make any werid noisies or smell of burning so it doesnt seam to be a hardware issue.

any ideas of this? i dont really want to sit through 35 hours again just to see if it works again...shorley there is some kinda of software error here?

thanks for any ideas. i have 100% all of the data off it now but its not in any order and everything has been renamed to random letters and numbers, so it would be alot nicer if i could access this hard drive again, even if to take some stuff off it or maybe even try to clone it?

the laptop is fine, got a new hard drive in it..thats what i currently typing this off so doesnt seam to be any error with that
Last edited by robert1,
Old Age Caravanner

Last edited by robert1,
Old Age Caravanner
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem