Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  Megaupload down 
Megaupload down
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
Megaupload down  
Because USA.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Beetle Racer

Back to Toy-Car-Racer :(

It only took Anonymous 15 minutes after MU was shut down to take down ten websites. :p
Deep fried

ah usa, they so silly.

G-kart Racer

you mean this mega upload?

- All of the sports casters in that gif are not facepalming. They're imitating Tim Tebow. He's a pretty religious American football player known for genuflecting on the field.

- Employees of MU have been reported to acknowledge the fact that their site was harbor for copyright infringers. As a .com domain, it is registered with a US-based registrar, which means that no matter where MegaUpload is based, there is US jurisdiction. Why do you think demonoid.com redirects to demonoid.me? I think it's likely we'll see a megaupload.somethingelse fairly soon.
Sports Saloon Racer

I've just read that they made a profit of 175 Million Dollars with the works of others. That's the budget of a whole Transformers movie...
8-|
Beetle Racer

175 mil aint bad at all, though megaupload has cost copyright holders a loss of over 500 mil.

and to bucky, i think there is already a new one. there's no domain for it atm, its just an ip you type into the URL bar. they are working on fixing it up i think.
^ could be fake though
Last edited by pepsimax,
G-kart Racer

I don't think the FBI's attack on Megaupload was legal. Sure, Megaupload made a lot of money, sure, people used it to upload copyrighted works, but Megaupload is based in New Zealand, outside the FBI's jurisdiction. New Zealand should have been responsible for taking them down, but they aren't.

The fact it happened RIGHT after the SOPA protest blackout means it's probably related. Maybe the FBI was taking revenge, or maybe they were trying to make an example, but this is not something the US federal government would do.

This sounds like something China would do.

The FBI is probably acting autonomous from the US federal government. Whether it's their own work or ordered by someone else is unknown, but I think a large sum of money was involved.
Rise from the ashes!

They say they lost 500 million, yes. But if MegaUpload didn't excist, I still wouldn't buy stuff I would download from MU. So that number means nothing, it's pure theory. Just an indication.

It's just bullcrap, the world isn't about CD-sales anymore. You make money with marketing and concerts, maybe iTunes sales. These days artist make more money than before, while download numbers have gone sky high. It might seem unfair to the artist, but I can only say that starting musicians deserve their reward. Once you're popular money will find another way.
Back to Toy-Car-Racer :(

It's so lovely how they always come up with some fix numbers of how much money they lost from copyright infringement. Nobody knows how they calculate it and usually their calculations are far from being realistic.

Phoenyx Imperius says:
but this is not something the US federal government would do.

This sounds like something China would do.

how naive.
Do you still believe in the good and bad stories from theatre?
..wasn't me
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem