Location: Home  Community Forums  Deployed  [FIXED]Grammar in track upload area. 
[FIXED]Grammar in track upload area.
Page: 1 of 2
Post Reply  0 Observer
[FIXED]Grammar in track upload area.  
... says:
Use the following form to enter information about your track. Remember to enter all the information correctly. Text highlighted in green is information that has automatically been detected, this information cannot be changed.

This shows when you go to upload a track and enter in the details about the track.

The comma after "detected" seems like bad English to me. You could change the comma to a period and capitalize "This information...".

Alternatively you could change it to say this:

"Text highlighted in green is information that has automatically been detected and cannot be changed."
Last edited by Forzyy,
Site Leader

I dont think the comma is particularly bad, but the words can be re-ordered ...

Text highlighted in green has been detected automatically, this information cannot be changed.
Last edited by MrA,
Surely Retired

Write "that" or "said" information cannot be changed.
Beetle Racer

Alternatively, you can just change the comma to a semicolon. A semicolon is used to join 2 independent clauses (otherwise complete sentences on their own) that are related in some way and therefore do not deserve to be two separate sentences.
Sports Saloon Racer

I really need to start using semicolons. :cool:
Site Leader

semicolon = ; ? ^^
Zimmer Racer

Space says:
semicolon = ; ? ^^

yes indeed
Beetle Racer

Ex:

I like using semicolons; they make me seem really smart.

Note that "I like using semicolons" and "they make me seem really smart" are two complete sentences already. To make them part of the same sentence, one need only add a semicolon. Adding words like 'for / and / nor / but / or / yet / so' change one of the independent clauses to a dependent clause, and the two can no longer be joined by a semicolon; you have to use a comma. Also, as you can see by my previous sentence, it is possible to combine the use of ", and" and the semicolon. 8-|

Last edited by Bucky,
Sports Saloon Racer

I like semicolons. Let's use them. :p
Deep fried

Forzyy says:
I like semicolons. Let's use them. :p

Spoken like a coder 8-|
Sports Saloon Racer
Page: 1 of 2 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem