Location: Home  Community Forums  The Off Topic Pit of Oblivion  SPAMBOT newest net Fear 
SPAMBOT newest net Fear
Page: 1 of 1
Post Reply  0 Observer
SPAMBOT newest net Fear  
SPAMBOT

Today i woken up to see on the news and reading on the web that a new thing to worry about but this yous must check it out...

Over 700 million people around the world is now affected by the newest thing called Spambot and you may not even know you are one of them, everything from email address - passwords - accounts could have been spread around the internet world, what is the fix to be honest me i am not sure but i am in the boat with everyone else....

Guessing somewhere there maybe a tool to remove this "spambot" other than that passwords to be changed omg i have 3 books with sites and data info, lucky for me them sites i do not have any banking with...

PLEASE use this free site to see if you are one of the millions effected

have i been pwned?

if anyone can help with more info how to remove this crap pls give feedback, or just have your say on Spambot
Last edited by WRAITH,
TM CLOSED BETA TESTER

How to fix it? Maybe don't click on anything sent to you via email, unless you're 100% sure you know who sent it and were expecting it.

Use different passwords for every site.

Change passwords on a regular basis.

Following good security practices will help keep you as protected as is possible.

I also like to use web based email like Gmail since they have a team of people dedicated to constantly watching out for this kind of thing and taking proactive measures to block it. It's extremely rare for spam or malware to get through their filters. I rather trust them, since it's their fulltime job, than to try and parse through things myself.

Related articles:
https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/31/16232144/onliner-largest-malware-spambot
http://www.snopes.com/2017/08/31/spambot-email-addresses/
Last edited by eyebo,
Site Leader
Page: 1 of 1 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem