Location: Home  Community Forums  MX Events  [90MC] - The 90 Minutes Competition - REVAMPED ON MX NOW - 
[90MC] - The 90 Minutes Competition - REVAMPED ON MX NOW -
Page: 1 of 5
Post Reply  1 Observer
[90MC] - The 90 Minutes Competition - REVAMPED ON MX NOW -  

if anything changes, I will post it here

The 90 Minutes Competition - Idea by   Razo.'R | R4a. - Hosted by   Solux &   iHq/fredair.esu

Welcome fellow friends to the official 90MC on ManiaExchange!

You don't know what this is? Well the [90MC] is a trackbuilding competition, which is relativly regular on TMX & now I converted it to ManiaExchange. The challenge it to build a entire map (without mediatracker, but loop cams are surely appreciated) in only 90 minutes. That's quite tough to get a proper map in that time? Let's just make it even more entertaining & push the difficulty by adding a theme each edition like the MTC.

General rules: Might be changed - Depending on Theme
    Only one map per player in each edition.
  • Already released maps, maps you are already working on and maps that are in the beta phase must not be submitted.
  • All Maniaplanet enviroments & styles are allowed.
  • Custom titlepack must not be used, unless the rules of the edition allow it.
  • Custom objects are allowed, unless the rules of the edition forbid it.
  • Oversized enviroments are allowed, as long as they can be opened with the regular game.
  • For any minute you're late you get -1 point in the final score.
  • Any map uploaded 15 minutes after the deadline will be disqualified.
  • Updating your mapfile after the deadline (until the official results are posted) will result in a disqualification. Author comment & screenshot can be updated though.
  • Using already existing/created macroblocks is forbidden - I know, I can't check that, but I hope I can trust you.
  • Tag for the map: [90MC - X] Mapname // The X is the edition & Mapname is... well you know what I mean. At the end the name should be something like [90MC - 7] Shepherdess

Judging - might be changed!
  • MT (so the intro, gps, outro, etc.) won't be judged so that you can use all the time for building, but please integrate loop cams.
  • System: We will most often use a closed voting system with three judges. Two of them will be   Solux and   iHq/fredair.esu. The third judge can be anyone else, who did not compete in the edition. You can also ask   Solux and   iHq/fredair.esu, if you want to vote an edition.
  • In case of public judging: Major differences (why you gave a map very high or very low amount of points) should be explained in the comment section

Prices:

The rest you need to know:
  • There will also be a server containing all the maps which were submitted in this competition. You can join it here: Official 90MC Server
  • If you want to take part in this competition, we recommend you join us on Discord. Questions will be awnsered there: https://discord.gg/NFQS8j6
Last edited by eyebo,
Beetle Racer

Love the idea! (y)

Looking forward to the first edition.
Moped Racer

That looks fun! Hope I can make it in time.

The competition is understood, only 2 questions remain:
- All environments and customblocks are allowed?
- Will a server be set-up for playing the maps after the competition? Could be really fun to see what the others have done.

site development, media
Developer

Hey, cool idea

A few questions

1. Does the map need to be validated and have its shadows calculated (minimum Default)?

2. Do the author comments and MX screenshot need to be finished within the 90 minute mark, or can they be edited afterwards?

3. Will anything beside the map (MX screenshot e.g.) count towards the judging?

4. Will the time stop when the map has been uploaded to MX or when it's posted to a submission thread?
Last edited by Voyager006,
Moped Racer

Voyager006 says:

you get 1 extra point for each number in your name
Old Age Caravanner

The edition will be postponed to SUNDAY 20.00 CET, because it would overlap with two events.
Ozon says:
That looks fun! Hope I can make it in time.

The competition is understood, only 2 questions remain:
- All environments and customblocks are allowed?
- Will a server be set-up for playing the maps after the competition? Could be really fun to see what the others have done.

1. yes, both is allowed, unless the specific rules of a edition change this ruleset.
2. I don't have a server, but already talked to Solux. He might set one up.

Voyager006 says:

1. Does the map need to be validated and have its shadows calculated (minimum Default)?

Yes
Voyager006 says:

2. Do the author comments and MX screenshot need to be finished within the 90 minute mark, or can they be edited afterwards?

Not needed, but editing anything after the deadline is forbidden

Voyager006 says:

No
Voyager006 says:

4. Will the time stop when the map has been uploaded to MX or when it's posted to a submission thread?
upload counts. I will check the list of all maps one minute after the deadline to check it.

The edition will be postponed to SUNDAY 20.00 CET, because it would overlap with two events.
Last edited by iHq/fredair.esu,
Beetle Racer

fredair.esu says:
I don't have a server, but already talked to Solux. He might set one up.

To be able to put all maps on a server, the maps need to be build in the normal Nadeo titlepacks (V,C,S and TM2), is that the case?

fredair.esu says:
editing anything after the deadline is forbidden

There's literally no reason for to forbid editing of the author comment or screenshot.
Last edited by ben3847,
Old Age Caravanner

Glad to see this edition made it to MX! :cool:
Moped Racer

ben3847 says:

To be able to put all maps on a server, the maps need to be build in the normal Nadeo titlepacks (V,C,S and TM2), is that the case?
Rules says:
    Custom titlepack must not be used, unless the rules of the edition allow it.
Tl;Dr: yes

ben3847 says:

There's literally no reason for to forbid editing of the author comment or screenshot.
I didn't mean it that way. AC & thumpnail can be edited, but not the map itself. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Last edited by iHq/fredair.esu,
Beetle Racer

/!\Important /!\

The way the judging will work is now updated! Everyone can judge, but the vote for his/her own map will not count. The average points per player will count, not the total score.

/!\Important /!\

Beetle Racer
Page: 1 of 5 Post Reply
© ManiaExchange (mania-exchange.com, mania.exchange) 2024. • Terms and ConditionsPrivacy Policy Top  •  Report a Problem